Working Sync Solution?

PJ1
PJ1
Community Member

Hi Guys

As we all know, there are synchronisation problems where nothing seems to quite work fully. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

When syncing from Mac to iOS via Dropbox (which I use at the moment), attachments deleted from 1P Mac do not delete from iOS and I need to correct the Mac version, duplicate it, sync it to iOS and then delete the old login/file item from iOS.

WiFi sync does not sync attachments at all.

I presume that iCloud sync has similar issues to one of the above.

Again please correct me if I'm wrong as the whole synchronisation business has become a bit confusing, yet was one of the great strengths of 1Password as far as I am concerned.

My question is, while all of the sync issues are ongoing is there a viable solution in the interim?

For example, if I sync from the 1P desktop to a folder on my Mac using Folder Sync and then copy the agile.keychan from that folder to iOS using iTunes, will I get the exact likeness transferred across which can then be opened on my iPhone, or are there issues in 1P iOS that will still juggle things around?

If so, I know this would mean that my only option is to update from the Mac and not make changes on iOS but it would mean a working solution until the sync issues are ironed out your end.

Like I said, if I have this wrong please let me know as I need to find a way to not spend hours upon hours checking and re-checking 1P to make sure things are where they should be.

Current software: 1P Mac is the latest version downloaded from agilebits.com and iOS version is up to date.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Regards
Paul

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

My experiences are like those described by @AndrewParker. It two rounds of selection Dropbox sync to reconnect after is updated to iOS version 4.5, but it works flawlessly.

• PJ1
    PJ1
    Community Member

Hi AndrewParker and Hawkmoth.

So are you both saying that when you delete a .pdf attachment from a login, after syncing to iOS that attachment is removed?

Can you delete an attachment from iOS as well?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PJ1,

I am sorry for the frustrations you are having with sync. Unfortunately both the issues you list with syncing (the attachment deletions not syncing correctly to iOS and attachments not syncing via Wi-Fi) are still on the to-do list. I've reminded our developers that you're keen to see a fix here.

I wish I had a better answer for you here, but we very much appreciate your patience in this matter.

• PJ1
    PJ1
    Community Member

Hi Megan

Thanks for replying.

No problem. With all that is good in 1P, waiting it out for some fixes is no big deal!

One other small thing of note when syncing, though. After putting date-ordered attachments into a desktop file, when syncing to iOS they become jumbled on the iPhone app but remain correct in the desktop app. It seems that in iOS there is no specific way to maintain the same order as the desktop.

Thanks again.

Regards
    Paul

• Hi @PJ1,

Thanks for the additional question!

This one is also on our to-do list - thanks for adding your vote to this request! I agree, it would be nice if 1Password for iOS maintained the same order of attachments as on the Mac.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

• PJ1
    PJ1
    Community Member

Hi@Meek

Thanks for the reply.

Looking forward to some updates!

Best
    Paul

• On behalf of Meek, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.