Windows 8.1/IE 11 Nothing seems to work

Just installed 1Password on my father's Windows 8.1 machine.

When I click on a URL in 1Password, it opens the URL, but does not autofill the username/password.

If I press Ctrl-\, nothing happens.

If I click the 1Password icon in the IE11 toolbar, it opens the Windows app -- not the browser extension.

When I go to "Manage Add-Ons" in IE 11, the 1Password status says, "incompatible, architecture 32-bit"

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Please launch the main 1Password program, and choose Help > About 1Password: What version is reported?

Still in 1Password, click the Preferences tool, and select the Browsers tab: What version of the Internet Explorer extension is reported?

• MarkPetereit
    MarkPetereit
    Community Member
    edited April 2014

I'm not in front of my dad's computer at the moment, but I had just downloaded the latest version of 1Password straight from your website. So whatever the latest version of the app and the extension were two days ago.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

Thanks, Mark. Are you using Windows in Desktop mode? 1Password isn't a Metro/Modern-mode "app."

If you are running in Desktop mode, please try the 1Password extension for Chrome or Firefox, to see whether 1Password is working in those browsers on your computer.

• MarkPetereit
    MarkPetereit
    Community Member

Well, magically, Ctrl-\ is working today. Not sure why it wasn't on Friday.

Next issue: Trying to sync my dad's iPhone 1Password with his Windows 1Password, but with Dropbox not working, Wi-Fi Sync would be my only option.

How do I turn on Wi-Fi sync in the Windows app? The iPhone app says "select Window > Wi-Fi Sync or File > Wi-Fi Sync," but I don't see either of those options.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

There is no wi-fi sync in the current version of 1Password for Windows.

1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, includes an option to manually sync your 1Password data with the 1Password app on your mobile device over a temporary wi-fi connection. If you're interested, you can join the thousands of people already working with 1Password 4 for Windows by joining the beta program here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

• Gman1
    Gman1
    Community Member

I just downloaded and installed 1password in hopes of replacing my RoboForm tool with 1password. It successfully loaded and installed, but 1password is not working. For example, when I use IE to log into a new site (such as Amazon or Zappos or any of several others I tested), I cannot get 1password to prompt me to save the log info. When I tried manually entering the site into 1password and allowing it to generate a random password, then logged back into the site, I got nothing from 1password. Can you recommend a course of action? I have read very good things about the tool, but I am unable to get it working. Thank you.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Have you checked out the "Quick Start" section of the user's guide (accessible from the Help menu and on our web site)?

It's the fastest way to get the info you need to start using 1Password to save and use Login items.

Please let us know how it goes, @Gman1!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014

@Gman1 Do you have the 1Password button in Internet Explorer? If yes, what happens when you press it? After pressing it, can you send us a diagnostics report please?

Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File

Please send this DR to support+windows AT agilebits COT com and please include a link to this discussion so that we can "connect the dots". Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.