I cannot add any attachments (anywhere) in 1Password for Windows

I cannot add any attachments (anywhere) in 1Password for Windows (8.1). I have removed and re-installed several times to no avail and I have updated to latest versions, too. Everything else works fine among iPad, iPhone and Windows, including syncing. However, I can not add files.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

In the main 1Password window, select the item to which you wish to attach a file.

With that selected item displayed in the details area (the lower right quadrant of the 1Password window), drag the file to be attached from Windows onto the large rectangle labeled Attachments.

I hope that helps, @Necalpa. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

For related information, please see the "How do I add, view, and remove attachments?" article in the "FAQ" section of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site.

• Necalpa
    Necalpa
    Community Member

if only was that simple.... I can not any file because the box seems to be disabled. Dragging & dropping a file in it does absolutely nothing (it grayed out). Again, I removed/ reinstalled program and nothing. Everything else works fine, just the file portion is not working

• Necalpa
    Necalpa
    Community Member

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I really need a solution as I have many personal documents that I want to save within 1Password

• Necalpa
    Necalpa
    Community Member

DBrown, I don't think you understand what I am talking about ... let me say it one more time. DRAGGING A FILE WITHIN THE BOX IS NOT WORKING. The box seems to be disabled or inactive. Clicking within the box does nothing. I do not need an instruction on how drag a file ... I need a solution on how to "activate" the box where the file goes in. What do you want me to send you so you can see what I am talking about?

• Necalpa
    Necalpa
    Community Member

DBrown, I tried uploading a small clip to show you exactly what happens, but it seems videos are not allowed. Please let me know what needs to be done. By the way, I am a registered user with fully paid aps on iPhone/iPad and Windows. Thanks

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

You can paste a link to a video in a post here. It might be helpful.

Here's how it worked for me, just now: http://www.screencast.com/t/yYbCTv6l

• Necalpa
    Necalpa
    Community Member

I can't believe you insist in showing me how to grab & drop a file when I have told you so many times that it's just not working. Really, you are not even paying attention what what I am saying. You are treating me like I have absolutely no knowledge in computer and my issue is resolved by just moving a file. Let's try one more time, the "drop an attachment here" box IS NOT AVAILABLE, IS NOT ACTIVE, IT'S DISABLED, whatever is the name you want to call it. It's there, I can see it, but is not accepting anything into it. In other words, FOLLOWING UP YOUR FANCY VIDEO INSTRUCTION ON DRAGGING AND DROPPING A FILE IS NOT WORKING BECAUSE THE BOX IS NO ACCEPTING ANYTHING.

Can you please move this up to someone else that will take a look to what I am saying. And, please, DO NOT SHOW ME AGAIN HOW TO DRAG & DROP A FILE.

• Necalpa
    Necalpa
    Community Member

youtu.be/2C3ea_GdQRw

Here is a link to a short clip so you can see what I am talking about

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@Necalpa, I realize you're frustrated, but I hope you can see that I was merely showing that I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my computer.

• Necalpa
    Necalpa
    Community Member

Had you said this after my first response to your "answer" to my question, it would be acceptable. But, you only insisted in providing the same answer over and over without even asking for more details. That is just poor customer service.

Now, did you see the video and what is the solution to my problem? Can I talk to someone else?

By the way, you are correct, yes, I am getting very frustrated

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

A lot of people are confused about the need to not click the Edit button when they want to add attachments. (Frankly, it's a surprising design decision.) Because it works as designed in my tests, I thought that was the first possible explanation. I meant no insult.

As opposed to offering the same answer "over and over," my only other reply was to demonstrate that it works as designed, in my tests; that is, that I'm not able to duplicate the behavior you describe, which makes it difficult if not impossible to track down. I'm sorry if that didn't seem like a good response.

Having seen your video, my next reply is that I have neither ready explanation nor immediate solution: I have neither seen nor heard of that behavior before, and I cannot reproduce it.

I'll check with Development, next, to see whether they have any ideas. Thanks for your patience.

In the meantime, is this a new phenomenon, or have you always been unable to add attachments? If it's new:

• Have you installed any other software since the behavior began?

• Is it possible that permissions have changed on the directory where your .agilekeychain folder resides?

Again, I intend no offense, @Necalpa—I'm merely looking for additional information that might help explain a behavior that is apparently unique to your computer.

Unless Development chooses to reply directly, I'm afraid you're stuck with me, but I promise to continue doing my best to assist you.

• Necalpa
    Necalpa
    Community Member

Now we are talking. You are both asking for more info and providing a reasonable response. This is the customer service efforts I needed/ wanted from the beginning and I appreciate that.

I have had 1Password since last year but I wasn't really using it that much ( I have another password manager). It always worked fine, including adding attachments, with no problems, I just didn't use it that much. However, since I heard of the upgrades and new features I decided to give a try again and I recently upgraded both my Windows 8.1 and iPad/iPhone versions. I liked everything about it. It's really a nice job you guys have done. Unfortunately, I encountered this issue of not being able to attach any files and that's how far the excitement went.
    As I have said before, I completely removed/re-installed the program several times but the glitch never went away.
    I really need this issue resolved as I cannot make the decision of switching over to 1Password until it works 100%.

I am the only user on this laptop PC. and I have not installed any other programs recently (since January).

If you dev team needs to talk to me, let me know so I can send my number on a private channel ( send me an email so I can respond to it).

Please give request request a high priority

Thanks

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

@Necalpa We're having a hard time reproducing your problem. Can you send me one of the documents you're trying to drop, please? I would love to reproduce and fix this.

stefan AT agilebits DOT com

Thanks!

• Necalpa
    Necalpa
    Community Member

I have tried several PDF, TIFF & JPEG files .... here are some that have failed to attach

This discussion has been closed.