Sync problems between iOS and Mac

Options
Thomas Wheaton
Thomas Wheaton
Community Member

I recently sent this message in response to the recommendation given by Megan (at bottom).

"Thomas Wheaton

4:50 PM #3
I had a similar problem. 1password worked fine on mac and ipad, but would not sync on iphone, all with the most recent versions. I did as suggested here, removed 1Password from my iphone, went to the website indicated but was warned that this would destroy all my info on all my devices. So I did not do it. I then reinstalled 1Password on my iphone, selected syncing from my original vault in iCloud. Opened it, and it still has the old, out of sync data on the iphone. What to do?"

Since it was an old message I was responding to I thought I would try a new discussion to make sure someone saw it.

Megan's recommendation that I go to the 1Password site and follow the directions scared me a little since the site clearly says that all data on ALL devices will be lost contrary to what Megan said. It also said that I should back up first. Since backup is automatic, this made me wonder if the backup done by 1Password is sufficient, and whether if I erased the iCloud data, I could Restore it from an iPassword backup.

Should I erase all of the data in iCloud, and will the Restore function in 1Password really restore the good data which I could then use to restore to my iPhone once I again erase and re-download the app from the App Store?

Tom

Hi Mike ( @wagnerone‌ )

I'm so sorry to hear your update process has not been smooth. If your Mac has all your up-to-date information, let's try starting fresh with the iOS apps and see if things work better. To start fresh, please try:

Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html
(Please note that deleting the 1Password data in Documents and Data is removing only the sync data from the device, and has no effect on the 1Password data stored in iCloud.)

Restart your iOS device
Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via Dropbox

This should get your item counts matching, but please do let me know if you're still seeing discrepancies after reinstalling.

Your feedback on the PIN code for your iPad is much appreciated - you're right, hitting Enter is causing the app to read the code as incorrect, and that is why you are asked for your Master Password. I'll mention this to our developers to see if we can't improve this in the future.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Thomas,

I've responded to your original post here.

This discussion has been closed.