Accounts keep changing to "Logins"

Options

I don't use the "Logins" category, I prefer to keep everything under the "Accounts" category, however, I've now just re-synced my iOS device after the update, and a load of my accounts have now changed to "Logins", and there's no simple way to change them back, without having to re-create them?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

I haven't heard of that happening, @TheComputerGuy‌, but I'll ask my co-workers more familiar with 1Password for iOS.

In the meantime, please note that 1Password for Windows will not use items in the Accounts category to fill your saved credentials into web site login forms: that's what Login items are for.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I assume you must've recently updated to 1Password 4 for iOS, because the Generic Account item type has been "retired" in that version, and those items are, indeed, converted to Login items.

I believe that change is related to the transition from the old ".agilekeychain" format to the new ".opvault" format, in which item types are recategorized and renamed. Note that 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, will make that same transition quite soon.

I'm sorry I don't have a more satisfying answer for you, but at least the newly converted Login items will be usable in your web browser, which the Account items were not.

This discussion has been closed.