1Password Anywhere: encryptionKeys.js error message

Paul Holloway
Paul Holloway
Community Member

I'm a daily user of 1Password Anywhere. Since installing 4.0.0b15 (Build 20140425) I've been unable to use it - until then, it'd been working just fine.

On opening the html file for 1Password Anywhere in my Dropbox, I get the following error message:

A problem occurred when loading the https:// dl-web.dropbox.com/get/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js file.

I'm asked for my Master Password as usual, but I inevitably get the following message when I click on 'Unlock':

Problem loading 1Password data file

A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it.

>

Please see this help guide for troubleshooting tips.

I can see encryptionKeys.js in my Dropbox in the location stated in the error message.

Comments

• Larry Daniele
    Larry Daniele
    Community Member
    edited April 2014

I'm experiencing this same exact problem with the official 4.3 release of 1Password. I'm seeing the problem accessing encryptionKeys.js in the latest version of Firefox (28.0) and Chrome (34.0). I was hoping to use 1PasswordAnywhere on my new Google Chromebook. But if I can't get it to work on my desktop browsers, I doubt it will work on the Chromebook.

I see this is a known issue and will hopefully be addressed soon.

• The installation of beta 15 and the onset of this issue with Dropbox is an unfortunate coincidence, but I can assure you that two are not related. Dropbox recently made some changes on their end that have had a negative impact on 1Password Anywhere. Additional details on this issue can be found here: http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/24341/1passwordanywhere. We are currently working with Dropbox to try to resolve this issue and we thank you for your patience!

• magown
    magown
    Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem when I try to use 1password Anywhere locally and the dropbox website.

• The fix for this issue has now been deployed and you should once again be able to use 1PasswordAnywhere from your Dropbox account. Thanks once again for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.