Quick unlock issue ver b16

Bill_W
Bill_W
Community Member

G'day,

Just downloaded the new b16 version. Looks good, particularly the browser improvements. I have the quick unlock set. However, if I close the app (hit the button on my Samsung Galaxy 3) then come back to it I am asked for my master password then the quick unlock. The action is consistent - it happens every time I reopen the app.

Bill

Comments

• grfield
    grfield
    Community Member

Yes, I'm seeing this consistently as well.

• ninaw
    ninaw
    Community Member

Same here.

• sjohnstone
    sjohnstone
    Community Member

I've seen the quick unlock appear twice in quick succession, although not consistently so.

• I'm sorry for the inconvenience - particularly if you have a strong master password! I believe this is related to an issue that we have discovered with the way that the PIN settings are saved. Could you check to see if exiting the app fixes this issue for you?

To exit the app, you can either tap the recents button and swipe 1Password from the list; or tap the overflow button in 1Password, tap the Exit menu item, and then tap OK. Once you have exited 1Password, you will need to launch it again and enter your master password. After doing this, the PIN settings should work as expected.

The problem only seems to occur when you first install the app. With everyone installing beta 16 from scratch, we are gathering a lot of evidence of the issue now! :) Please let me know if this fix works for you.

• ks52
    ks52
    Community Member

I updated to beta 16 today from beta 15 and encountered a problem. After entering the masterpassword i had to unlock again. This happened twice in 4 trials.
    Kind regards

• This issue should now be fixed in beta 17. Could you please update to beta 17 and check that the issue is now resolved for you?

This discussion has been closed.