Wrong displaying of names of secondary vaults

Options
dahanbn
dahanbn
Community Member

I tried to use variouse vaults. First of all I am a bit of disappointed that the primary vault has to be named with 1Password. That is a bit of annoying because my wife and I we use one PC and each two iOS devices and I would like to have to separate vaults. That would make the handling easier. Also it would allow to choose the correct vault at the beginn of the browser session to get my or her logins only.

The easiest thing to fix that is to search the Dropbox for all .opvault or .agilekeychains files. Than allow the user to choose his primary vault and display it as vault name (primary) in the app.

Using different dropboxes is not a solution of the problem because I could sync both 1Password.agilekeychain files but to have two vaults with the same name would mess up the backup because the backup directory path is the same for all vaults and backup files are separated by their vault name.

Now I tried to use it on iOS as well. We both share the same Dropbox account. My first approach was use sub folders in the 1Password folder. That would work and it would show both vaults. The first chosen as Primary and the second as 1Password.

Than I tried create an TestAccountOP.opvault in the 1Password Dropbox folder. That syncs but the name the app displays for that vault is not TestAccountOP, instead it displays it as a Primary vault as well.

Only a named vault with the .agilekeychain format is displayed with the right name. In my example it is Testvault.agilekeychain.

Here is a screenshot of the naming of my vaults.

The vaults are named:

1. 1Password.opvault ==> Primary vault
  2. TestAccountOP.opvault ==> Primary vault
  3. 1Password.agilekeychain ==> 1Password
  4. Testvault.agilekeychain ==> Testvault

Please fix the displaying of the names of .opvault files and consider to allow the user to choose his primary vault freely without restricting him to name it 1Password.

Comments

• MrRooni
    Options

Thanks for all this great feedback, @dahanbn‌, we really appreciate you taking the time to describe your various scenarios. We do have some improvements planned for this feature that will hopefully address what you're seeing.

This discussion has been closed.