Safari Extension Installation trouble

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Safari extension install error.

Comments

• HortNut
    HortNut
    Community Member
    Options

Just purchased & installed 1PW v4.4 for Mac and extensions won't install, app installed fine. Running 10.9.2. Keep getting error message " Safari can't install this extension. An error occurred while installing the extension "1Password". " Looks like I'm not the first but have not seen any replies to the issue. TIA for any help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @HortNut‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting the Safari extension installed. First step here is to quit Safari, restart your computer and try again. Be sure you're getting the extension here: extension download page.

If you're still having issues, please let me know and we'll investigate further!

• krmoore42
    krmoore42
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem and I tried multiple times after restarting computer, Safari etc as well as accessing above linked download page.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @krmoore42,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Let's try this:

• Open a Finder window and select Go > Go to Folder
    • Copy and paste the following into the pop-up (including the ~ tilde):

~/Library/Safari

• Drag the "Extensions" folder out to the Desktop
    • Restart Safari

This will require you to reinstall any other Safari extensions you have installed, but it will allow you to install the 1Password extension. :)

• krmoore42
    krmoore42
    Community Member
    Options

That worked! Thank you for your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Whoo hoo, @krmoore42‌!

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out. Happy Monday - and we're here if you have any further questions. :)

• lfriedla
    lfriedla
    Community Member
    Options

I tried the advice to dump out my extensions. Cleared them and now I see the 1Password logo in my browser. But when I click on it I get the message "There is no application set to open the URL onepassword4-extension://activate/Safari" and a sub message that says search the app store. 1Password is installed on my computer, I can open it etc. I tried selecting both 1Password and Safari but I get the same loop. Any thoughts? Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lfriedla‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.