Accessing Banks

Options
wildec33
wildec33
Community Member

I can't get 1Password to work with several of my bank accounts - Bank of America - Compass?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

See this post for detailed instructions on setting up a login for Bank of America. If you have followed those instructions and still have a problem with the Bank of America login do please post back.

As to Compass please try re-creating a new login and saving it manually.

If you still have problems please mention, in your next post, the 1P4 version you are using, your OS X version, the browser you are using and the 1P4 browser extension version.

Stephen

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem with Standard Chartered bank. Any suggestions?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Have you tried the suggestion to re-create and save the login manually?

Stephen

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

Just tried it - no go

• Meek
    Options

Hi @Heffor1‌,

Thanks for the update - I'm sorry to hear that didn't work!

Would you mind letting us know what is the exact URL for the website giving you trouble so that we can run some tests?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Heffor1,

Thanks so much for sending that URL along to us. I've done some testing here, and I was able to create a Login that fills and submits correctly using the steps that @Stephen_C linked to above. Could you give us just a bit more detail on your 1Password set-up there?

• What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using? You should be able to find the version number in the browser's preferences, in the extension section.
    • What browser are you using?

This will allow us to do some more detailed testing to see if we can track this down. :)

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Sorry for he delay - I have been traveling.

Extension version 4.1.0. Browser is Safari 7.0.3

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Heffor1,

Just to be clear, can you explain the issue with the site. Is 1Password not filling in anything or it is filling in both fields but the site is returning errors as in you entered the wrong password?

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

1Password not filling anything in. I have other sites where errors are returned

• Heffor1
    Heffor1
    Community Member
    Options

URL of the Standard Chartered Online Bank where I get an error rather than nothing happening

https://ibank.standardchartered.com.sg/nfs/login.htm

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @Heffor1.

What is the specific error you're seeing after using 1Password on the https://ibank.standardchartered.com.sg/nfs/login.htm page? What happens after you save a new Login item there with these steps and try using it?

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

It sounds like you have two issues: sites where filling isn't working at all with 1Password and others where errors are generated. For the moment let's focus on troubleshooting the second case, which could help better understand the first. Thanks again!

• ssh
    ssh
    Community Member
    Options

How about http://pmfcu.org? It used to work, so I'm assuming they've changed something on the main page so that 1password isn't filling it correctly or else is hitting the wrong button at fill time. I get a second login page with the failure, but even there I have to manually fill the password to get it to work.

Ideas?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ssh,

Thanks for including the URL in your original post - that helps us a lot! I've done some testing here, and I was able to create a Login for that page that fills and submits correctly. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Please let me know how this works for you!

• ssh
    ssh
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you... yes, it works. I did a little more digging in the old entry. In the old entry, there were "username" and "teathered_username" and the same for password. In the new form, only "teathered" exists.

Thanks for your help!

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.