Safari extension breaks netfirms.com password change form

Options
NeilFaiman
NeilFaiman
Community Member

1Password version 4.4 (440001) (Mac App Store)
Safari Version 7.0.3 (9537.75.14)
Mac OS X Version 10.9.2

This weekend I was changing all my passwords flagged by WatchTower. When I got to netfirms.com (my web host), I was able to enter a a new password with the 1Password password generator, but clicking on the Change Password button had absolutely no effect. After a couple of days of runaround with NetFirms support, in which I was quite harsh with them for their inadequate Safari support, I decided to look at the form in Safari's web inspector.

When I looked at the new password entry fields and observed that 1Password had injected its own code into the form, I started to have a sinking feeling. So I logged out of the NetFirms site, disabled the Safari 1Password extension, logged back in, went to the form, entered a new password, clicked the button, and voila! It worked.

Since you have to be logged in to the NetFirms control panel to access the password change form, I'm not sure how you will be able to debug this. I could try to copy stuff out of web inspector for you to look at, or I suppose I could give you my password for the site so that you could log in and look at it directly.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Thanks,
Neil Faiman

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Neil ( @NeilFaiman‌ )

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry that 1Password is being difficult for you here. In order to track this down, we will need a bit more information. Could you please save the HTML (File > Save Page As) for the page in question and email it in to support@ agilebits .com? That should give us a better idea of what's happening. :)

• NeilFaiman
    NeilFaiman
    Community Member
    Options

I've sent the web archive for the NetFirms change password page in an email as requested. It should be in your support inbox timestamped ~ 9:59pm EDT.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @NeilFaiman‌

We've received your email with the web archive file - thanks for sending it in! I've passed it along to our form-filling gurus, and someone from the team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details.

This discussion has been closed.