Login Not Working on Just One Web Site

Options
BruceForsberg
BruceForsberg
Community Member

I seem to fumble my way through creating new Usernames and Passwords on most web sites. However, one web site in particular will not accept what 1Password fills in. I can type in the Username and Password manually and it works.
Can the auto-fill action that 1Password uses be the problem with some web sites? If so, is there any way to change it?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BruceForsberg‌

When you're having trouble with one website in particular, the first step in troubleshooting is to manually save a new Login. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

• BruceForsberg
    BruceForsberg
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply, Megan. I followed the steps you provided but the site still gives me an error when 1Password fills the blanks automatically.
    The web site is: www.fepblue.org

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @BruceForsberg‌,

It looks like 1Password doesn't fill in the username in the current 1Password 4.1 extension version. I tested the upcoming 1Password 4.2 extension update and it does fill in both fields, so it will be fixed soon.

For now, what you can do is this:

1. Open the main 1Password app, go to your Logins category
    2. Create a new Login item, enter your username/password in the respective fields
    3. Set the website address to: https://www.fepblue.org/web/guest/myblue
    4. Save the login and see if this will now let you fill in.
  • BruceForsberg
    BruceForsberg
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thank you MikeT.

I tried your suggestion and the result was the same, a note saying: * Required information is missing.

So, in the meantime, I'll just login by filling the fields manually.

I'll be watching for the next update!

(edit)
    Okay, this is weird. I just tried logging in on a completely different site and 1Password filled in the blanks but the site didn't recognize it. I had to type the information in manually.
    Could something be corrupt with my app?

• BlakJak
    BlakJak
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, @BruceForsberg‌,

I have been experiencing the same difficulties and, as a new user of 1Password, have been quite disappointed with this program. Will not login to Citibank, Audible, or even Agilebits own forums right here! Have been emailing support but they seem to have no more answers than I do. I'll probably post my own thread asking about these problems but wanted you to know that there are others who feel your pain.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @BruceForsberg,

Please give this a try:

Does that work correctly or do you still see this * Required information is missing. error?

And were both the Username and Password fields filled when you clicked Login?

Okay, this is weird. I just tried logging in on a completely different site and 1Password filled in the blanks but the site didn't recognize it.

Could you try the steps above for that other site and also let me know the results of that test?

Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BlakJak,

I see that Eva has been helping you in email to resolve issues you're having with 1Password. It appears your problem with logins differs from @BruceForsberg's and we'll continue to work on that with you through email.

• BruceForsberg
    BruceForsberg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk,

I just followed the steps you provided using both Safari and the Firefox. If I use 1Password to fill in the blanks, even with auto-submit disabled, the login fails. The result is the error like the image above.

If I open 1Password and simply copy the password, I can then type in my username and paste the password with successful results.

Re: The problem with the different site. I changed browsers and logged in with no problem.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thanks for trying that, @BruceForsberg.

If I use 1Password to fill in the blanks, even with auto-submit disabled, the login fails. The result is the error like the image above.

Were Username and Password fields both filled on the page before Login was clicked?

Filling both does work with the 4.2 extension, like @MikeT mentioned earlier, which is currently in beta and expected to be released soon. If you'd like to give that beta a try, open the 1Password Extension page in your browser, then select Enable betas before clicking the big green Install button. Then restart the browser. Reverting to the stable 4.1 release is relatively easy by reinstalling/reenabling it and removing/disabling the beta (depending on the browser). :)

• BruceForsberg
    BruceForsberg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk,

Yes, both fields were filled in.

I just downloaded and tried the 4.2 extension and it works! Unless I have a problem with the beta extension, I'll keep using it.

Thank you all for the attention you give to your customers!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BruceForsberg‌,

Whoo! I'm so glad to hear that the beta extension fixed your issue. On behalf of @sjk, thanks for letting us know! We're here if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.