How organize logins that uses Google login?

poobear
poobear
Community Member

Hi everyone,
I'm a bit new to 1password and am a little confused how to handle all websites that uses Google login? That is, when the website goes to a google login page, you login with your google login/pass, and then you go back to the first page and you're logged in.
I already have one login for my google account, and I guess I could add my dozens of websites there that uses google login. However, then I will probably forget about this website soon as it's just hidden far far down in my google login in 1password. And I can't sort these logins into different folders since its just one website.
I could also create an unique login in 1password for all these websites, but then it gets messy when I want to change my google password.

How are other people doing it?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @poobear,

Thanks for choosing 1Password to keep your digital life secure!

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to completely automate the process of logging in to secondary sites using your Google Login. Here's my workflow:

• Go to www.examplesite.com
    • Click the 'Login with Google' button
    • Use ⌘\ to fill and submit my details when the Google log in page opens

I know it's not completely automatic, but it's not too bad. :) There is no need to store these websites in your Google Login, although you might want to keep a record of which accounts are attached to your Google account, for your own reference.

I'm sorry I don't have a perfect answer for you here, but please do let me know if you have any further questions - we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.