Unable to paste copied text

sangwookkun
sangwookkun
Community Member

I am currently using the beta version of 1Password for Android (Version 4.0.0b18 (Build 20140513)).
And I have having following issue:

When I copy texts from already created note on Google Keep (Android app) and paste it into one of Secure Notes. Nothing gets pasted.
I've tried several times, but none gets pasted.

It seems copied texts are cleared from memory.

I've been using the app for only a day so I may not be sure if it's supposed to behave like this. But I personally believe it's broken.
Please let me verify if other people experience the same issue.

Thank you.

Comments

• mverde
    edited May 2014

You are correct that the app shouldn't behave like this. In fact, we previously fixed this issue. We made some significant improvements to the locking mechanism in beta 18, though, and it looks like an unwanted side-effect of these improvements is that they re-introduced this issue. In particular, this issue only seems to occur when 'Lock on exit' is enabled. I will bring this up with our development team so that we can address it. Thank you for the feedback!

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

I am seeing this happen whenever I have text on the clipboard, want to paste it into a secure note, but to get there need to unlock 1Password. I have set not to lock on exit, to lock after 60 minutes, and to clear the clipboard after 3. Sometimes I switch back to 1Password well within the 60 and the 3, and am still asked for the password. When I get the note open for editing, paste pastes nothing.

I assume that this is happening because I am doing too much other stuff, and Android is forcing 1Password to "stop". I tried just now to see if the clipboard would be cleared on a normal full start of the app, but it worked as it should.

• We have now fixed the issue with clipboard being cleared when 1Password locks. While we won't be releasing a beta specifically for this fix, it will be included in the release version that will be published to Google Play very soon.

@RonHeiby‌ You may be right that Android is forcing 1Password to exit in order to free up memory if you are in fact "doing too much other stuff". Of course, this threshold will vary according to device and OS version. Definitely let us know if you see any behaviour that doesn't fit neatly into this explanation though.

This discussion has been closed.