Feature request: reader/read-only mode for 1Password on iOS

duelist77
duelist77
Community Member

For those of us who edit the keychain (add/edit/delete logins, etc.) strictly on the computer and then transfer or sync the updated keychain from the computer to the iOS device, it would be nice to have a reader/read-only mode on the iOS 1password app so that there is no accidental changes to the keychain. For example, it could be an option in the settings to turn the mode on, and adding/deleting/editing of entries within the iOS 1password app would be disabled. Also, a switch to disable the 1browser would be nice too, for those of us who don't use it.

Perhaps these can be implemented as new settings options in the paid 1password ios app or in a separate, free/cheaper, "lite" version app?

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback, @duelist77! :)

• MercerDr
    MercerDr
    Community Member

I concur! I would really appreciate having a "read only mode option" on my ios devices.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014

Hi @MercerDr‌

Thanks for adding your vote here - I've passed it along to our developers :)

• alcoons
    alcoons
    Community Member

Another very large vote for read-only. I also need to share my passwords but not allow my family members alter the data. At the same time I need to be able to access my passwords on multiple devices. Also realize that devices are often shared both by the main user and read-only users.

Perhaps when the user who has full access to 1Password wants to allow read-only access they check a box and PROVIDE A NEW PASSWORD. When the new password is used, that user is in read-only mode. This provides flexibility I mentioned above in the sense that the main user can use the file in read/write mode on multiple devices while the limited user could access the file in read-only mode either on their own device or a shared device with the main user.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alcoons,

Thanks so much for the feedback! I've passed your thoughts along to our developers.

ref: OPI-1159

This discussion has been closed.