After Crash restoring 1Passwordfile

welowa
welowa
Community Member
edited May 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,
i had a crash and I'm recovering from different sources/volumes.
Macbook, Maverick, 1P 3.x
I used another Macbook to mount the HD from the damaged Macbook. ( Yes i do backup since 25 years but: Unfortunatly the Backup HD was also damaged with liquid). I Could mount the old HD from Macbook with another Macbook Pro and run 1P. 1P found the data file and i could open with Master Password and everting was ok, i thought...
Then i copied 1P from the Pro to the new Air and opened 1P and thought it will again open the old file (mounting the same HD). But it did not find it: I was looking everywhere but i don't have library/ user application/ on this HD. How could 1P open it before? (Ihave more than 600 items in the file).
I tried to open it with "restore data file from backup. I got 2 actual files 1Password...... agilekeychain.zip but could not open it: Got the msg: Data Restoration cancelled. The file 1Password...... agilekeychain.zip does not exist.
Any idea where that file is? Or how can i open it? And why i don't see ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/....?
Thanks for help in advance.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014

Hi @welowa‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with your computer - a crash is never fun! Let's get you sorted out here. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report (from both hard-drives if possible)?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.