Saving auto log in data

Options
raymon73
raymon73
Community Member

New user of 1password for IOS. Got on well with 1Password for Windows but can,t get used to the different format. 75 yr old computer user.

How do you save log in,s ? Am using Safari browser which I have checked in the settings area. But tried one or two websites and find no obvious link to 1Password.

Regards all

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @raymon73‌

I'm sorry that 1Password 4 for iOS looking a bit complicated to you at the moment - it is a bit of a switch from Windows!

Unfortunately, there are some rules about how iOS apps can interact with each other. Essentially, 1Password cannot do anything in Safari unless Safari specifically allows it, and they have not yet done so. This means that we are unable to add a handy little browser extension the same way we can in the desktop version.

We do have a solution for you though: there is a browser built right into 1Password, and it works very much like Safari. Just tap on the globe icon in 1Password's bottom menu bar to view the browser.

To open a webpage that you already have a Login for, you can do one of two things:

1. Tap the webpage when viewing the item's details. 1Password will open the page and fill your details
    2. When viewing a website in 1Browser that you would like to log into, tap the key icon in the menu bar. 1Password will show you the Logins that match the site you are currently viewing. Tap the correct one to fill your details.

If you are browsing in 1Browser and come across a site that you need to create a Login for, try this:

• Copy the URL of the site
    • Switch from 1Browser to the 'vault view'
    • Tap the '+' icon when in the Categories or Logins tab to add a new Login
    • Paste in the site's URL (you may want to update this later so it is the site's sign-in page instead of the create account page, if different)
    • Enter a unique title for the entry
    • Type in your username
    • Generate a password
    • Save the entry and tap to copy the generated password
    • Switch back to 1Browser
    • Paste your newly generated password into the appropriate fields and save your account details on the site.

I hope this helps you get started with our in-app browser. If you have any further questions about this, or 1Password 4 for iOS in general, please do let us know - we're here for you! :)

• raymon73
    raymon73
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, all ok now, great and prompt help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @raymon73‌

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! We're here if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.