Still no succes: 1Password Anywhere gives "Incorrect password"

storm
storm
Community Member

I can't login in 1Password Anywhere using the 1Password.html online on my Dropbox-account on dropbox.com. I've tried all solutions on this topic in this forum, but I did not solve the problem. I think the problem maybe started after changing the masterkey, but I'm not sure of that. All other functions are OK: the desktop application and the extensions in all browsers work fine. The 1Password app on my Android smartphone works and syncs smoothly. That app is Dropbox-related, so that is not the problem. I did remove the 1Password files from Dropbox, as suggested in other topics, and I did build up "fresh" files by syncing. It did not work. Help?

Comments

• Hi @Storm,

You said the problem started after changing the master password, did you try using your previous master password to see if it'll unlock?

Does your current master password have any symbols/special characters in it that the browser might not interpret correctly? If yes, try changing the master password to a longer one but without symbols, and see if that'll work on Dropbox.com.

• nafs
    nafs
    Community Member

I have the same problem: Incorrect password error message. The password hint applies to my current master password. Disabling sync on 1Password Mac to rebuild the Dropbox folder didn't help (neither using the local or online copy). I tested on Mac OSX 10.9.2 Safari 7.0.3

Please note that I have an umlaut in my password, maybe that's the reason? Copy & pasting the master password into the input field didn't help.

• Hi @nafs,

Yes, umlauts can be a problem because they might not be interpreted properly by the browser and by the different OS. Please try changing the password without the umlauts and see if it'll work.

• nafs
    nafs
    Community Member

@MikeT I replaced the umlaut and now it works!

• Hi @nafs,

That's great, thanks for letting us know. We're investigating to see how we can prevent this from happening across various platforms.

This discussion has been closed.