Safari Extension 4.2.0 killed Autosubmit for MAS customers

Options
KevinP
KevinP
Community Member

Thanks for the 4.2.0 extension update, as usual 1Password just keeps getting better. However, there are a few things about how this was done which I believe merits further discussion.

1. An automatic update to the Safari extension disabled auto submit for all your MAS customers. I'm used to expecting a bit of disruption when I choose to download a new version of the App but not when Safari picks up an extension update.
  2. There is nothing at all about this on the blog or newsletter. And especially no email from Dave to warn the thousands of your customers who were about to lose functionality.
  3. The installer for the required Autosubmit script was not signed, resulting in its installation being blocked by gatekeeper. There are lots of users who may not know how to override this. More to the point, you shouldn't be requiring them to override a security check in the current climate -- you're suppose to be making us more secure, right?

Please consider these points next time, and please share this thread with whoever can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.