Merging iOS database with Dropbox database

btoomajian
btoomajian
Community Member

Hello- I just purchased 1Password 4.5.2 for iOS and am ready to set it up using dropbox sync.

Here is my issue:
I was previously using 1Password 3.7.2 for iOS and realized that the dropbox sync wasn't working. It seems that my iPhone has one set of data while my Mac and Windows computer have a completely different set of data which is stored in Dropbox. When sync with Dropbox broke, the databases were split into two and updates never synced up.

Is there a way to safely merge both database back into a single instance which would be stored/synced on Dropbox?

Thanks.

Comments

• btoomajian
    btoomajian
    Community Member

FYI: I'm running 1Password 1.0.9.340 for Windows. I'm away from my Mac, so not sure what version is running on it. Thanks.

• Hi @btoomajian,

Have you migrated your data from 1Password 3.7.2 for iOS to 1Password 4.5.2 for iOS?

Thanks in advance for the additional info! :)

• btoomajian
    btoomajian
    Community Member

Hi @JasperP‌

Not yet. Looking for steps to proceed. I'm concerned that I may lose some password data from either the iPhone database or the Dropbox database. Both were synced at one time via Dropbox, but drifted once the Dropbox sync broke in 1password 3.7.2 for iOS.

Thanks.

• btoomajian
    btoomajian
    Community Member

@JasperP‌
    Since I was unaware that Dropbox sync broke, I kept using the app on the iPhone and also on my PCs. This resulted in unique data created on the iPhone as well as on the current Dropbox database.

Currently, 1Password 3.7.2 and 4.5.2 are both installed on my iPhone.

Thanks.

• Hi @btoomajian,

Migrating your data to 1Password 4 for iOS is the first step you will need to take.

Let me know how it goes!

• btoomajian
    btoomajian
    Community Member

@JasperP‌
    The import from version 3 to version 4 worked just fine. How do I merge the Dropbox data into the newly imported iPhone app database?

Thanks.

• Hi @btoomajian,

• First, please create a backup on your Mac (File > Backup), just in case.

• Ensure Dropbox sync in enabled on your Mac.

• Enable Dropbox sync on your iPhone (Settings > Sync) — you will need to confirm that you wish to merge your data.

Please let me know if that works! :)

• btoomajian
    btoomajian
    Community Member

@JasperP‌ perfect! That did it! Thanks!

• You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.