Can I uninstall from iPad for travel, then reinstall?

jmeyer
jmeyer
Community Member

I've got 1password installed on a mac, iPhone and iPad and synch via dropbox. Can I uninstall from the iPad that I am taking on a foreign trip, then reinstall when I return? Should I? Does this offer any greater protection?
If I uninstall from the iPad, should I also uninstall dropbox from that device?
Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @jmeyer,

Can I uninstall from the iPad that I am taking on a foreign trip, then reinstall when I return?

Yes, just re-download the app and setup Dropbox sync to get all your data back.

Should I? Does this offer any greater protection?

It's really up to you. But remember that as long as the 1Password app is locked, your data is encrypted and can only be accessed with your master password.

If I uninstall from the iPad, should I also uninstall dropbox from that device?

If you have Dropbox installed on your device, your (encrypted) 1Password data is also on your device. If you don't want your data on the device whatsoever, you would need to delete the Dropbox app as well.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• jmeyer
    jmeyer
    Community Member

Thnx Jasper. U guys are good

• You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.