Ver 4.4(440001) on Mac & on iPhone and iPad using just updated version 4.5.2

Options
GRL
GRL
Community Member

I sync using Dropbox on my Mac and my two iOS devices. My mac version data is up to date. But my iOS devices Data are not up to date and thus don't seem to be able to synch, even though they are set to synch with Dropbox.

What do I need to do to get synching to work again?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @GRL,

Please try completely re-setting Dropbox sync:

• On your iOS device(s), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password 4 menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and then Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• Restart all your devices.

• On your Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back to any other Macs and iOS devices and re-enable Dropbox sync.

Let me know if that helps! :)

• GRL
    GRL
    Community Member
    Options

Hi JasperP, just got around to trying this and it works. Thank you!

I wonder how it got out of synch? It seems my two iOS devices put stopped synching at the same time a couple of weeks ago.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @GRL‌

Thanks for the update! That does actually make some sense. With 1Password 4.5 for iOS the sync architecture was redesigned. Most customers were transitioned smoothly and without difficulty. Most of the ones who were not received a notice with instructions on how to fix any issues. It does appear though that there were a few who did not receive this notice, and you may have been one of them. We apologize for the inconvenience! Glad to hear you are back up and running though.

Ben

• GRL
    GRL
    Community Member
    Options

Good thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.