Urgent !!!! I was using Password 4.03 / I upgrade with the trial 4.4

Options
olix
olix
Community Member

how can I get all my different passwords collected for more than 2 years (at least) each being specific for each app.
I can't even login on my own gmail box even with a secondary email.

I need your help where is my database of logins and pass.
I found one folder .1pif but was there only one password for one of administrative document.
I suppose all passwords are in the cloud now.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please provide a little more information to enable others to help you:

1. Please confirm your previous version of 1Password was a 1P4 OS X version. (I'm confused because I'm not sure 4.0.3 for OS X was released. It doesn't appear on the list of release notes in any event.) Perhaps you mean you previously used 1P3?
    2. When you used that previous version did you sync to an iOS device using iCloud or Dropbox? If so, which?
    3. When you installed the 4.4 trial version what happened exactly? If you look at this page you'll see what should have happened.

Sorry not to give more immediate help but let's take this slowly and carefully and someone will get you back on the road!

Stephen

• olix
    olix
    Community Member
    Options

regarding the version, I can't remember it went in the trash

• olix
    olix
    Community Member
    Options

as described in the page the first screen didn't appear as described. it just asks me straight away the password, and then it opens with no passes inside as I wasn't expecting.

• olix
    olix
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think it was the version 3 because the version I used was with "1password mini" already

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

Do you have either of these folders on your machine:

~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups/

~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups

If so, which one? (The first is used by the Mac App Store version of 1P4, the second by the AgileBits store version.)

Edit: it would be helpful to have an answer to my earlier question about whether you used any form of cloud sync with your earlier version of 1P4.

Stephen

• olix
    olix
    Community Member
    Options

thank you stephen to follow up with you help almost right away after my 1st comment. I hope we will solve it.

I found this kind of folder they several of them but all of them indicates "…(6 items)…" but now I can't find the folder anymore

• olix
    olix
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

I found "1P Keychain" folder empty from 2012 / a file called "1Password.agilekeychain" located in my Dropbox date from Fri 9 may 2014 modified today @21.35 but with only 458Kb

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I am rather confused! I suspect someone from AgileBits will ask you to email a diagnostic report but please wait until someone from AgileBits specifically asks for that and don't in any event post it here!

Sorry not to be able to help further but don't despair, someone will get this sorted for you.

Stephen

• olix
    olix
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

I found another but old "1password.agilekeychain" file last opened 29 dec2013 with 46.4Mb / the largest and located in the .1pif folder
    and asw ell in the same folder: 1Password 2013-09-14 100449 (907 items).agilekeychain_zip (not a .zip)

• olix
    olix
    Community Member
    Options

those files are old, and not updated. since I am using the web

• olix
    olix
    Community Member
    Options

thank you Stephen for your help. and patience

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for your assistance Stephen! We are handling this via email now...

This discussion has been closed.