Bought 1Password for Mac and iOS, but need Windows too?

Options
jeroengroter
jeroengroter
Community Member

I have purchased 1Password for Mac and iOS devices (because I obviously dont like to work with Windows). No problem with that, it's well worth it.
But at my work (and only at work) I still have to use a windows machine. So my 1Password extension will not work unless I buy yet another (Windows) license? Isn't that a bit steep and pricy? Besides the costs, my work won't let me install outside software. Does that mean that I always have to bring my iPad or Macbook to manually lookup the (sometimes long and difficult) passwords before being able to login on a site?

Or is there a more simpe solution? I bet I am not the only one in this situation...

Please advize....

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

If you sync with Dropbox, you can access your data on a read only basis through any web browser with 1PasswordAnywhere. You'll have to copy and paste from that, but it's much better than manually copying from your iPad! You can read more about it here:

1PasswordAnywhere, access to your data in your web browser...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As @hawkmoth mentioned, 1PasswordAnywhere is a great solution for read-only access if that suits you. If your employer ever does let you install 1Password for Windows (and you wanted to purchase a Windows license), as an existing user you are entitled to a discount. Just enter your existing Mac license key:

https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• jkhweb
    jkhweb
    Community Member
    Options

I know it varies, but is there a rough estimate on the % discount given if I buy a version 4 license for Mac and decide later I want to use a family windows license for other machines?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The upgrade discount for existing users is always 30%, but it can also be used in conjunction with sales (like the one going on right now) for even bigger savings. :)

This discussion has been closed.