iCloud sync not working on iOS [Known Apple limitations for both iOS and Yosemite betas, no ETA]

Options
Geezy
Geezy
Community Member
edited June 2014 in iOS

With the new 1password beta for ios that came out today and running iOS 8. Using iCloud sync doesn't return my files. Says no iCloud data found, but going to iCloud docs I see the 1passeord beta file there. Any works around?

Comments

• foad
    foad
    Community Member
    Options

Per the release notes, it is a known issue. I'm sure it has to do with the changes with iCloud storage.

• paulInOakland
    paulInOakland
    Community Member
    Options

Quick question, AND in advance I understand this is real new all over the place. My configuration is Yosemite on my Mac, ios8 on iPhone 5S and iPad mini with retina. What expectation for syncing should I have given all of this ? Thanks, and to reiterate, I realize this is real early so just looking for guidance. Forgot to mention that I am running 1Password 4.4.1 on the mac

• Endareth
    Endareth
    Community Member
    Options

From what I've been able to determine, all iCloud using apps on iOS 8 beta are now storing data in a special beta section of iCloud. I think this is supposed to have been automatically copied from current iCloud data, but this doesn't seem to have been the case for (at least) 1Password, where I found no 1Password data at all.
    In addition, running the latest 1Password Mac beta on OS X 10.10 seems to be using a different section of iCloud again! I now have three distinct 1Password data stores: current release iCloud data (all my non-beta devices), iOS 8.0 beta iCloud data, and OS X 10.10 beta iCloud data! I'm sure the devs are working on getting this all sorted, but thought I'd just share what I'd found anyway :-)

• sokeada83
    sokeada83
    Community Member
    Options

same problem here, i just got the 1Password 4 beta for iOS 8 beta running on my iPad Mini Retina when i attempt to use it, it say there's no data in the iCloud so crash problem has been solved with 1Password 4 beta for iOS 8 beta then the problem no data in the iCloud appear.

• gortsche
    gortsche
    Community Member
    Options

Just tested successfully dropbox and icloud sync with latest 1Password beta build for iOS 8 posted yesterday. Well done guys, not spotted any other problem so far.

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member
    Options

Same prob with the missing iCloud data. Should we just sync to Dropbox on an iOS7 instance and then import from there for now?

• Paris Paraskeva
    Paris Paraskeva
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

was using iCloud for syncing iPhone/mac/ipad but since its a known bug synching with iCloud i switched to using Dropbox for the moment and it works beautifully synching all my 500+ items across devices

• MrRooni
    Options

There is an iCloud bug that is preventing 1Password from properly syncing on iOS 8. @paulInOakland: We have had some reports of people successfully syncing when using Yosemite and iOS beta 1, but nothing concrete as of yet. Apple has stated that, as of right now, iCloud on Yosemite/iOS 8 is incompatible with iCloud on Mavericks/iOS 7. The two will not talk to each other.

• pitt1717
    pitt1717
    Community Member
    Options

just got the beta this afternoon, seeing the same thing. and as MrRooni stated it may be an ios8/yosemite issue. the same thing happens using iWork as well. anything done on the ios7/mav platforms does not show up on the ios8/yos platforms when trying to view a doc or spreadsheet using iCloud. i think its known and designed like that at this time.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pitt1717,

Yep, not to mention both iOS 8 and Yosemite explicitly informs users that changes made on previous versions will not sync to the betas.

There's not much we can do but wait to see the progress that Apple's making on this. iCloud have gotten a huge improvement in both iOS 8 and Yosemite, so it's going to take some time to make sure it's all working properly across all platforms and versions.

• Kevin Lam
    Kevin Lam
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MrRooni‌! I just got the iOS beta and I'm trying to catch up on what I can and cannot do.

• MrRooni
    Options

Good stuff Kevin, let me know if you run into any trouble.

• tedsvo
    tedsvo
    Community Member
    Options

This is not really a bug report, just curious: is it true that the iOS 8 beats and Yosemite each contain distinct containers in addition to the regular iOS 7/Mavericks container? I have been experimenting with syncing between iOS 8 and Yosemite and they seem to be incompatible with each other, not just previous versions.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tedsvo,

I'm not sure what you mean. I haven't seen any apps on iOS 8 with iCloud Drive support just yet, so it's difficult to say what's wrong.

• paulInOakland
    paulInOakland
    Community Member
    Options

Quick question, as of today Sept 15, what's the status of iCloud syncing with the combination of Yosemite Beta and ios8

• MikeT
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @paulInOakland‌,

We were hoping for better news but at the moment, there is no solid iCloud sync solution between Yosemite betas and iOS 8. You'd need to use the Wi-Fi sync or Dropbox at the moment. If it is just between iOS 8 devices, you can use the iCloud sync between them using 1Password 5 for iOS.

Once Yosemite is out and 1Password 4.5 for Mac is released, you can then download 1Password from the Mac App Store and use iCloud sync. iCloud sync is no longer possible outside of the Mac App Store starting with Yosemite.

This discussion has been closed.