Cannot take screenshots

Options
iain_nl
iain_nl
Community Member

When I try to make a screenshot of 1password, it fails with the message "Couldn't save screenshot. Storage may be in use.".

Capturing screenshots works fine in other apps. Problem is immediately reproduced when switching back to 1password.

I have a Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.3.

1password wasn't mentioning it was still syncing or something either.

Comments

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member
    Options

I can reproduce this issue on my Droid Razr M running Android 4.4.2.

• Lyman
    Lyman
    Community Member
    Options

I've had the same thing happen. I'm using a Nexus 4 on 4.4.3. I just assumed it was a "security feature" of 1Password.

• mverde
    Options

@Lyman Your assumption is correct. We have disabled taking screenshots of 1Password 4 on Android as a security precaution. In this case, it really is a feature and not a bug :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any way to provide a more meaningfil error message?

• mverde
    Options

Unfortunately, I don't believe it is possible for us to provide a more meaningful error notification. The actual blocking of screenshots in 1Password is based on a security setting that we set in the app, but is enforced by the operating system. This means that Android itself is responsible for generating that error notification and not 1Password.

• hubpf
    hubpf
    Community Member
    Options

Can you remove this restriction for beta version, so that we can capture screens for issue reporting and suggestions here? Most of time, a screenshot speaks thousand words.

• saad
    edited July 2014
    Options

This is an excellent suggestion. Screenshots are really helpful when we receive feedback. Our team is looking into possibly adding an option within Settings that will allow our users to take screenshots within a short period of time.

This discussion has been closed.