Sharing items: two questions

Options
danno1472
danno1472
Community Member
  1. Last night I tried sharing items with my wife (a new 1Password user) via email from my iMac (Mavericks). When I selected Item =>Share, the default email client was Opera, which I have used as a browser from time to time but never as an emailer. When I put Opera in the trash, then the default emailer became Apple Mail. When I put Opera back in my applications folder, the default became Opera again. Bottom line, I don't want to use Opera for this purpose, but I can't find a preference that allows me to change it. I was able to successfully share a login item using Mail.

2. I also successfully emailed a shared login item from my iPad to my wife's MacBook Pro, but when she tapped on the box in the email that should then have installed the login item in her vault, nothing happened. Is this because the iOS to Mavericks interface doesn't play well for this purpose, or am I missing a step?

Thanks for any help you can give

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I think I can help with 1. but can't comment on 2.

Open Mail on your iMacs and go into Preferences... In the General section you will find the top option should be Default email reader and as older versions of Opera did have an email reader I'm guessing you inadvertently allowed Opera to be your default email client at some point (probably only took one click to do so). Change that to your email client of your preference and you should be good to go. There's something similar in Safari for setting a default browser. These probably would have made more sense being somewhere in System Preferences but hey, what can you do? :-)

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @danno1472,

I hope littlebobbytables's instructions were helpful to fix the first issue.

I also successfully emailed a shared login item from my iPad to my wife's MacBook Pro, but when she tapped on the box in the email that should then have installed the login item in her vault, nothing happened. Is this because the iOS to Mavericks interface doesn't play well for this purpose, or am I missing a step?

The links sent from 1Password 4 for iOS are in fact compatible with 1Password 4 for Mac. What email client are you using? Did you receive any error when clicking it, or did nothing at all happen?

This discussion has been closed.