Can't login at CodePen | Credentials are correct

Options
electricarts
electricarts
Community Member

Hi,

i've a strange problem with login an CodePen (https://codepen.io/login). 1P inserts the correct credentials, the spinning wheel appears next to the "Log in" field for 2 seconds and ... nothing happens. No error message. Just the login screen.

When i type in the credentials from 1P manually and hit "Log in", everything is fine.

I don't know where to search or what to do. Doesn't work in all of my Browsers (Safari, FF, Chrome). 1P 4.4.1, Mavericks 10.9.3.

Mario

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You might try re-creating and saving the login manually to see if that fixes the problem.

Stephen

• electricarts
    electricarts
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen,

thanks for your reply. I tried your advice, but this doesn't change the behavior. Still no automatic login.

Mario

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Are you using the Mac App Store version of 1P4? If so, have you done as advised in this sticky at the top of the forum?

(Sorry if it's not relevant but I'm rather running out of ideas!)

If that's irrelevant, for whatever reason, what happens when 1P4 inserts the correct credentials and you manually press the login button? Does it still give the spinning wheel?

Stephen

• electricarts
    electricarts
    Community Member
    Options

Yesss! That was the reason! Unfortunately i'm using the App Store version. I installed the script and now everything is fine. Many Thanks!

Mario

P. S. Is there a way to licence the website version when i'm purchased the App Store version? I've also a website licence for 1P 3, but purchased 1P 3 again in the App Store. At that time there was a statement, that the forthcoming 1P 4 will be App Store only. Now 1P 4 still exists as a website version, but i don't wanna pay the update price. Because i paid 1P 3 twice in the past. ;-)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

First, I'm so glad you've been able to resolve the login problem. To answer your post script, my understanding is that if you move to the AgileBits store version of 1P4 it will recognise your MAS "licence" (which doesn't really exist, but you know what I mean!) for 1P4. You do need to be careful how you migrate: see this knowledge base article. (I think you can ignore the "We don’t quite have the licensing stuff sorted out yet..." part as I believe it's been resolved.)

Stephen

• electricarts
    electricarts
    Community Member
    Options

The knowledge base article is about the technical part of the data migration. But do i have to buy the update of the 1P4 website version again, or is there really some sort of "transfer" the licence? So that i can delete the MAS version after migrating?

I can use Panic's Coda 2 website version if i own a MAS licence. But the MAS version has to be somewhere at the harddisk. Is it something like that for 1P too?

Mario

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

As to transfer of the licence see post #5 in this thread (which, after a bit of searching, I've now discovered, having previously recalled something similar).

I didn't really understand your last paragraph (sorry) but I guess you leave the MAS version on your disk when you install 1P4 from the AgileBits store (so it knows you used the MAS version) but once installed don't open the AgileBits store version until you follow the instructions in the final two paragraphs of post #5 in the linked thread.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.