Browser Plug-Ins not providing correct password

grimjack
grimjack
Community Member

I am not sure exactly when this started happening but sometime in the last week. I am running 1Password 4.4.1 on 10.8.5 and use both Safari and Chrome. Late last week I tried to login to my bank and by bank said the password was invalid. I though I may have an old version of 1Password hanging around and had a duplicate database or something. So I removed the old 1Password files, deleted the browser extensions, etc. and discovered a Sync error with iCloud and moved my sync to Dropbox. Both my 1Password application and my IPhone 1P app are working properly, databases sync via dropbox and all is well. However whenI install the browser extensions in Chrome and Safari I am still unable to get 1P to submit the proper password for the account. And I am not running Sophos.

Thank you

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @grimjack,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

This discussion has been closed.