Does not save login

Options
estegw
estegw
Community Member

Just installed 1 Password, have the key in the Safari header, but there is no pop-up to save login data except the one from Safari. Went through the times in the FAQ and everything is OK. What is the issue?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

In Preferences : Browser, is the fourth check box (Automatically ask to save new Logins) ticked or unticked? If it's not ticked then maybe that could explain what you're seeing?

• WDC
    WDC
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. I generated a new password on a new site, and after logging in, no request to save the login, and the password was nowhere to be found, not even under Generated Passwords. 1PW v 4.4.1 (441008)

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @estegw and @WDC,

Could you please go to Preferences > Browser and ensure that Automatically ask to save new Logins is enabled:

And @WDC,

Just to confirm, have you checked the Passwords category in the sidebar? Are your generated passwords there?

• estegw
    estegw
    Community Member
    Options

I checked my Preferences and "Automatically ask to save new logins" is checked. Still not functioning.

• estegw
    estegw
    Community Member
    Options

The sidebar categories are: Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards, and Identities. No Passwords category.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @estegw,

That is strange. You should have a 'Passwords' category in your sidebar as soon as you click the 'Fill' or 'Copy' button on a generated password. Could you try creating one now? If you do not have a password field visible, you should see a 'Copy' button. Click it. (If you see a 'Fill' button, you can click the arrow button next to the 'Fill' button to copy without filling.) This should create a Passwords category in your sidebar with this password in it.

I'm also curious about which sites 1Password is not prompting you to save on. Are there a few sites that are causing you trouble? If you send along some URLs, we'd love to do some testing on our end. :)

• estegw
    estegw
    Community Member
    Options

I do not see a Copy Button or a Fill Button on the sidebar. I tried the following sites which you should have some familiarity with: Adobe, Amazon, Apple, Trend Micro, and Verizon.net. 1 Password did not function with any of these sites.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Something wrong with your installation or your use. The Agile people will be around to help.

In the meantime, if you haven't created any passwords, you could completely delete 1PW and start again.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you do want to start over (i.e., you haven't already got valuable information saved in 1P4) there's a knowledge base article here telling you how to do it.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @estegw‌

My apologies if I wasn't clear. The 'Fill' button is in the password generator in 1Password Mini. I hope this helps!

• estegw
    estegw
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen, I followed the instructions in the knowledge base and had the same result. I am going to remove 1 Password and start over.

• estegw
    estegw
    Community Member
    Options

Upon reinstalling 1 Password, I discovered I missed a step in the original installation, installing the browser extensions. Now is works perfectly, thanks for all of your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @estegw,

Installing the browser extensions is definitely an important step! I'm so glad to hear that everything is working for you now - we're here if you hit any further snags. :)

This discussion has been closed.