Sync disabled when update to iOS8 beta 2

gustaphzon
gustaphzon
Community Member

When I started the app for the first time after update to beta 2 of iOS 8 i got a notification that i dint sync and could enable it via settings/sync.

But when I choose the vault in my dropbox i get a notification "This vault is already on your phone". I can only choose "I get it" and then I'm back to the choose vault screen. So i can't enable sync.

Comments

• Interesting, @gustaphzon‌ . Could you email me a diagnostic report from Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics ? My address is mrrooni@agilebits.com. Thanks!

• gustaphzon
    gustaphzon
    Community Member

I sent you an email. After many tries it suddenly worked. I don't know what I did. The only thing I can recall was that I reboot the phone.

• bidouilleur
    bidouilleur
    Community Member

tested just now with wifi on and no problem

take the habit to reboot your iPhone after each upgrade by holding home button and power button till you see the apple pop on the screen, then let go both. This is some kinda hard reset. Means nothing is kept from before reboot, you don't loose settings, just for ex all application that were open before the reboot (and normally go back in background after a normal reboot) will be forced closed etc. In many case it helps iron out many little bugs ....

• Thanks @gustaphzon, I received your email but nothing seemed to be amiss in the logs. Glad you got it back in shape.

• gustaphzon
    gustaphzon
    Community Member

Thanks. It seems to be a problem with iOS 8 beta 2 that reset settings sometimes. It affects other apps as well and I need to reboot every time it happens.

• Ah, good to know.

This discussion has been closed.