Password generator not working on iPhone 5 and iPad mini.

Lisa Bricknell
Lisa Bricknell
Community Member

When I press the key to generate a password on a Membership entry, I just get an empty field with the Password Strength slider below. If I press the key again, it gives me another slider but still doesn't actually generate a password. When I click done, the password field isn't saved. The app was recently updated- is this a known glitch?

Lisa

Comments

• Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry for the trouble! This is currently a known issue affecting a few categories such as Memberships and Databases, and our developers are working to get it fixed.

• mwarner
    mwarner
    Community Member

Agile, please please please fix the iOS version of this app so that people may easily create passwords while in the 1password browser. Without this function, this app is a glorified password vault. I love your desktop version, but these iOS versions leave me feeling like one hand is tie behind my back. I've read the forums etc. and still can't figure how to easily enter a new password while registering on a new web page on my iPad in the most recent version of 1 Password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mwarner,

Thanks so much for letting us know that you're interested in this feature! I'll be sure to mention it to our developers.

In the meantime, if you are browsing in 1Browser and come across a site that you need to create a Login for, try this:

• Copy the URL of the site
    • Switch from 1Browser to the 'vault view'
    • Tap the '+' icon when in the Categories or Logins tab to add a new Login
    • Paste in the site's URL (you may want to update this later so it is the site's sign-in page instead of the create account page, if different)
    • Enter a unique title for the entry
    • Type in your username
    • Generate a password
    • Save the entry and tap to copy the generated password
    • Switch back to 1Browser
    • Paste your newly generated password into the appropriate fields and save your account details on the site.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.