Sync keeps re-adding deleted logins to 1Password

johncoxon
johncoxon
Community Member

In the wake of Heartbleed I took the opportunity to go through my entire library of passwords and consolidate my logins, as well as deleting logins that were obsolete or no longer required.

Unfortunately, every time I start to use a computer that syncs with my Dropbox that hasn't synced since this spring clean, it re-adds the ~70 logins that I have gotten rid of. This is beginning to get extremely annoying, since this is the third or fourth time I've used my iMac to restore a backup in order to fix this problem.

I've been in touch with various people on Twitter (e.g. here about this but it appears it has not yet been fixed. Why is this happening, and can you please fix it?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johncoxon,

It sounds like there might be a Dropbox syncing misconfiguration that's causing these reappearing items. So we can get a closer look at where the trouble is please start by sending us a Diagnostics Report from your iMac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. It would also be helpful to mention any other system(s)/device(s) you have with 1Password configured to use Dropbox syncing. A quick note here after you've sent that will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.