1Password 4 - Several issues (upgraded from 1P1 for windows)

Ej Wilburn
Ej Wilburn
Community Member
edited June 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

The biggest issue is that it's not filling the password field for https://login.salesforce.com. It'll populate the username and then submit the login, that's it. I've verified the login info in 1Password does have the correct username and password, it's just not populating the password field for some reason. This worked perfectly fine in 1Password for windows 1.x.

The plugin for Chrome and FF lost major functionality from the 1.x/3.x plugins as well:

First, the search functionality when hitting CTRL+\ on a site with multiple logins is a HUGE downgrade over the previous major release. Previously I'd hit CTRL+\, start typing the description and then hit enter to populate the selected login info and submit. With 1P4 when I do the same thing, it's no longer filtering the accounts by the current domain once you start searching and when you do select an account and hit enter it goes to the URL associated with the account instead of populating the current form and submitting. Working with multiple accounts per site is now much worse than the previous release, which is the main reason I chose 1Password over your competitors and have recommended it to friends. The search is also noticeably slower than it was in the previous major release.

Second, no editing of login/account info from the browser, so now I have to switch to another application to do this, which is annoying.

For now I'll have to go back to the previous major version just to be functional, but since I've paid for the 1P4 upgrade I'd like to see these issues resolved as soon as possible.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

The biggest issue is that it's not filling the password field for https://login.salesforce.com

Have you tried to create a new Login item for this?

1. Open Chrome
    2. Navigate to https://login.salesforce.com
    3. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form
    4. Click on the 1Password key button
    5. Click on: Settings > Save new Login
  • Ej Wilburn
    Ej Wilburn
    Community Member

I could try that, but even if it works I'd have to do this for all 70+ accounts I have for that site, assuming that works. I'd rather see the issue fixed, it's either a problem with the client or a problem with using the data from previous versions of 1Password. Seeing as how the client properly displays both the username and password I tend to believe it's the current client that's not working correctly.

That also doesn't address the lack of usability compared to the previous 1Password chrome & FF plugins.

For now I'm sticking with the previous release until both issues are addressed.

• Hi @Ej Wilburn‌,

The plugin for Chrome and FF lost major functionality from the 1.x/3.x plugins as well:

We're working on improving all parts of the extension, we've replaced the entire front-end with a unified native interface for various reasons. To find out why, please read my post here.

The backend, the part that handles the filling and saving, has not changed (except for IE, that's different). It should work exactly the same as it did in the previous version.

With 1P4 when I do the same thing, it's no longer filtering the accounts by the current domain once you start searching and when you do select an account and hit enter it goes to the URL associated with the account instead of populating the current form and submitting.

Yep, I can understand the pain of that. Quick filtering was one of the coolest features in the previous extension. Right now, the native Windows popup we're using doesn't have that capability, that's why you get a separate popup showing the results. Unfortunately, the results do not consider that you're trying to select a Login item to fill in. It's just for performing a Go and Fill, which is what you're seeing. I'll file a request to see if we can do some magic here to automatically detect if the current tab matches the Login you're selecting.

The search is also noticeably slower than it was in the previous major release.

Is it possible your search is set to search all fields instead of titles? To find out, click on the search icon next to your search field and see which one is selected:

If it is set to all fields, change it to titles instead. That should return it to the same speed you saw in the previous version.

Second, no editing of login/account info from the browser, so now I have to switch to another application to do this, which is annoying.

This is a current limitation that we plan to work around in the future. RIght now, you can right-click on the item to instantly open it in 1Password to edit. I know the previous version was much better and we plan to make this much better in the future.

I could try that, but even if it works I'd have to do this for all 70+ accounts I have for that site, assuming that works.

The filling code is the same between both 1Password extension versions, only the front end interface of the extension has changed in 1Password 4.

You shouldn't have to do it for all items but if it is still broken after saving a new Login item, that suggests there's a configuration issue somewhere on your computer. If it works, then that's narrowed to the extension itself.

Are you saying that it is not filling for any of your items?

• Ej Wilburn
    Ej Wilburn
    Community Member

Thanks for the detailed response, I'll give 1P4 another shot in 6 months or so to see if things have improved. For now the previous version is a much better fit for me, except under IE which I use rarely anyway.

I've already uninstalled 1P4 and gone back to the previous version and I don't recall if I had issues with any other sites. I may not have tested any since my primary concern is managing Salesforce.com accounts as I switch accounts multiple times per day.

• Hi @Ej Wilburn‌,

I understand, I'm sorry it wasn't a great upgrade for you. We definitely will not be sitting still for the next 6 months and will provide a lot of improvements like we have in the past.

If you want, you can read the changelog for 1Password 4 here and keep an eye on it over time for changes that you want to see.

This discussion has been closed.