Wrong Message come when I start Safari [Moved to Email; replied with steps to remove 1Password 3]

hansjoachim
hansjoachim
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Hello

When I start Safari 7.0.4 always a message come that:
New version of Safari found. 1Password 3.5.3 does not support Safari 7.0.4 (build #9537.76.4)
I use Mac OS X 10.9.3 and 1Password 4 Version 4.4.1 (441008) and Safari 7.0.4 and a upgrade isn't available.
Check for upgrade say that 1Password is actual.

What is wrong?

hansjoachim

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Do you perhaps have the 1P3 extension still installed in Safari? If so, remove it then go to 1P4 > Install Browser Extensions... to install the version 4 extension.

Stephen

• hansjoachim
    hansjoachim
    Community Member

Thanks Stephen for quick feedback.

I have done your proposal.

I delete the Browser Extension Version 4.2.2 in Safari > Preferences > Extensions
    I download the Extension from 1Password 4.
    I install the Extension from Safari download folder.
    After that I see only same version 4.2.2.

????

hansjoachim

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited June 2014

Two last ideas (sorry!):

1. Have you tried quitting and re-starting Safari?
    2. Have you re-booted your machine?

Final question: is it possible you have two versions of 1P4 installed on your machine, e.g., from Mac App Store and the AgileBits store (e.g., a beta version from AgileBits)?

(Edit: Oh, and you're not running Sophos anti-virus, are you?)

Stephen

• hansjoachim
    hansjoachim
    Community Member

Thanks for feedback.

Have you tried quitting and re-starting Safari?

I think so

Have you re-booted your machine?

Sure

Final question: is it possible you have two versions of 1P4 installed on your machine, e.g., from Mac App Store and the AgileBits store (e.g., a beta version from AgileBits)?

Only from AgileBits

(Edit: Oh, and you're not running Sophos anti-virus, are you?)

Yes I don't use Sophos.

I will work with MBP and see what happens.
    What is right combination, see screenshot

Jochen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hansjoachim‌

Thanks for sending along that screenshot - it looks like you are nicely set up there with version 4 on both your browser and the main app - that's great!

Just to confirm - you are still seeing the same message after reinstalling and restarting everything? If so, we'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• hansjoachim
    hansjoachim
    Community Member

@Megan‌, thanks for feedback.

after reinstalling and restarting everything?

I'm disoriented >> "everything"?
    I have now only delete the extension then close Safari and start Safari again.
    No message come.

What the next step?

hansjoachim

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hansjoachim‌

I apologize for the confusion! Above, @Stephen_C suggested that you reinstall the extension, restart Safari and restart your computer. That's all I was referring to.

Since you've done this, it sounds like you are no longer seeing the message you saw earlier. Is this correct?

• hansjoachim
    hansjoachim
    Community Member

Is this correct?

Hello Megan, Yes. No problem now.
    But ;-) In my brain is an info stored that I mark a checkbox by shown message that I will not see the message again.
    Today Mac OS X 10.9.4 is free. Maybe agilebits must do new work?

Jochen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Jochen ( @hansjoachim‌ )

I'm so glad to hear that you're all sorted out! I'm not quite sure where things got tangled up here. Rest assured that our developers are working hard to stay up-to-date with the latest Mac releases. :)

If you have any further questions, we're here to help!

• hansjoachim
    hansjoachim
    Community Member

I don't know why?
    Problem is again present.
    Max OS X 10.9.4 was installed automatic without my order.
    Strange?
    I worked with MBP and than was absent for 1 h.
    After that I see that MBP was automatic reboot.
    After that following info come, see screenshot.
    Now I have OS X 10.9.4 and Safari 7.0.5 and 1 Password 4.4.1 and extension 4.2.3.

What is this?

Jochen

• hansjoachim
    hansjoachim
    Community Member

Max OS X 10.9.4 was installed automatic without my order. Strange?

I found that in Preferences > App Store the automatic was defined. That was new for me in Mavericks

Jochen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hansjoachim‌,

I'm sorry that mysterious window is popping up again. So we can help you locate the specific cause and make it stop, it would be best it you send us the Diagnostics Report like @Megan‌ suggested in post #6. Thanks!

• hansjoachim
    hansjoachim
    Community Member

Thanks @sjk

I have it done.
    Hope it help and thanks for support.

hansjoachim

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014

Hi @hansjoachim‌

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

internal reference number: FRY-95555-943

• hansjoachim
    hansjoachim
    Community Member

@Megan‌
    OK.
    hansjoachim

This discussion has been closed.