Login Not Working - Citibank credit card site [resolved by updating Login item username field]

Harper1
Harper1
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I'm having difficulty with a number of log ins (but not all) but let's take this one problem at a time. When I login to my credit card site using 1PW, it takes me to the log in page, fills in the password, but not the username, and within a nanosecond, the page simply reverts to the usual log in page with spaces for both username and password left blank. I've tried re-creating and saving the login manually according to 1PW instructions, but this does not solve the problem. As I say some other logins work fine, but not all. Any other fixes?

Comments

• Harper1
    Harper1
    Community Member

The more I browse Forum postings, the more I suspect that my problem with this particular site failing to fill in my username is that the Login page is loading at a speed 1PW can't accommodate. How can I check to see if this is the problem and/or fix it?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Harper1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Thanks for trying to manually save a new Login - that's a great first step! Could you please give us the URL of the credit card site that is misbehaving for you? We'd love to do some testing here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

• Harper1
    Harper1
    Community Member

Thanks for the very quick reply. The URL is https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Harper1,

Thanks so much for sending along that URL, I think I know exactly where things are getting tangled up now. Please take a look at your Citibank Login in 1Password. Select the 'show web form details' button. Do you see asterisks over part of your username like below?

If so, please edit those details so that your username displays correctly. Does this help?

(Since I don't have a Citibank account myself, I can only test with dummy data, but this should get things sorted out for you!)

• Harper1
    Harper1
    Community Member

I followed your suggestion, and the login now works like the proverbial charm. As usual, 1PW support is quick and helpful. Thank you.

• Harper1
    Harper1
    Community Member

Hi, again. We did so well with that problem, let me pose another. How do I handle two web sites that have separate login pages for the username and the password?

• Harper1
    Harper1
    Community Member

Please disregard my last question. I just found all kinds of information on multi-page logins.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi there, @Harper1.

Glad to hear that @Megan's suggestion helped fix your Citibank login and that you were also able to self-resolve your multi-page login issue. As mentioned to you in my email reply, I'll be closing this topic now. :)

This discussion has been closed.