Multiple vault support

Options

Comments

• Phil Ecker
    Phil Ecker
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to add my vote for multiple vault support, I hope this comes very soon!

• saad
    Options

Thanks Phil for your feedback. I'll add your vote for multiple vault support. :)

• addibbi
    addibbi
    Community Member
    Options

There is some indication on ETA for the multiple vault support?

Thx,
    Andrea

• saad
    Options

Andrea, I am unable to provide you with more information about when multiple vaults will become available. Our team is currently working on several new features and improvements for 1Password on Android. I will update this thread when we have more information to share about multiple vaults.

• StefanoGiacomelli
    StefanoGiacomelli
    Community Member
    Options

@saad‌
    No polemic :) but the Android help text, seems to be already ... in the future.

And this is not commercially correct.

• @StefanoGiacomelli‌ It sounds like you are suggesting that there is something misleading in the documentation for 1Password 4 on Android. I would definitely like to resolve any such issue. Could you link me to the offending URL? Thanks!

• StefanoGiacomelli
    StefanoGiacomelli
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@mverde‌

You are welcome mverde.

Yes, in the Android help file (not an url) there was the statement I mentioned literally in my first post.

**"(iOS, Android) Vaults can be opened and their contents edited, but they cannot yet be created"

If I well remember you can find it, in the Android glossary under the "vault" definition.

• saad
    edited October 2014
    Options

Thank you @StefanoGiacomelli‌. We updated our Glossary and it reads different now. :)

• mofochickamo
    mofochickamo
    Community Member
    Options

I've been a 1Password user for many years on iOS and OS X and as of 1Password4 started sharing common passwords with my wife, using two vaults. I'm not using an Android phone and really need to be able to access multiple vaults. I'd definitely pay for it, without question. I love 1Password. That said, since I don't know when support will be added for multiple vaults on Android, I'm going to have to start looking for alternatives and just hope you guys release something soon.

• saad
    Options

We are currently making changes to 1Password's internal structure that will prepare us for awesome features like multiple vaults! I'll add your vote, thanks for the feedback @mofochickamo‌.

• FaDie
    FaDie
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my vote as well. My girlfriend has an Android phone. Due to the lack of multi-vault support, I now cannot share passwords with her in a shared vault! This is very disappointing, given that she paid for the pro-features.

• robbski
    robbski
    Community Member
    Options

Now that I've got my wife using 1Password 5, I've recently created a shared vault that we both use (banking, medical, etc.). Android is used on about 80% of the mobile phones throughout the world. I'm blown away at the fact that my iPad Mini version of 1Password allows me to utilize more than one vault, but my Android phone version does NOT!! I really hope this thing gets fixed soon!!

• Thank you both for your votes! Our team will be looking into supporting multiple vaults on Android.

• jrotondo
    jrotondo
    Community Member
    Options

Upvoted on this back in August and still no news yet? This is really sad. LastPass allows users to share data across accounts, and it works today. I'm tired of waiting for multiple vault support. Do you truly not have an ETA on bringing your Android and Windows apps up to feature parity? If not, it looks like I need to dump your product for LastPass. :'(

• Aracron
    Aracron
    Community Member
    Options

I would also like to see multiple vault support. Truly this would be in the hopes of allowing me to open a vault that is somewhere on my phone (read my OneDrive files). If that happens, you don't have to worry so much about adding Sync to other services. OneDrive (or other service) would sync it when it sees the change.

This is how I use KeePass (which I am potentially dropping in favor of 1Password).

• Thank you for your support @Aracron‌! We appreciate the feedback. As I mentioned earlier, we are making some changes to the internal structure of 1Password that is going to help build the foundation of popular features such as multiple vault support. At this moment, I don't have any immediate news to share in regards to when multiple vaults will be supported on Android, but I am able to say it is a feature that many of us here want to have as well and our developers have plans to look into it.

• BrandonSinger
    BrandonSinger
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Multiple vaults on Android. I essentially have half of my logins available while i'm on the road. Very disappointing.

• I'm sorry we don't have support for multiple vaults on the current version of 1Password and I will add your vote for this feature request. As I mentioned in an earlier post, our team does have plans to look into adding multiple vault support on Android.

In the meantime, if you are syncing your other vaults with Dropbox, you can use 1PasswordAnywhere to access your information when you are on the road. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain folder you're syncing to in Dropbox. Of course, this is not an ideal solution but it is something you can use to access your information when you don't have access to a computer!

• chadn
    chadn
    Community Member
    Options

+10 for multiple vault support on android. As everyone else has mentioned, this is core functionality that is needed over everything else, and I would not have gone the 1password route had i known, and i warn everyone against using 1password till this is fixed. I purchased 1password to share passwords with my wife separate from work, and I do that now with multiple vaults on my macbook, but it really sucks having to always carry it around.

• volkersfreunde
    volkersfreunde
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• Thank you both for your feedback. I will definitely let our development team know this is something that is affecting your current workflow with 1Password.

• MDove
    MDove
    Community Member
    Options

This is such a headache! I was really excited about using 1Password to share a vault with my wife, got it all set up, and now some of my most commonly used passwords are unaccessible on my mobile device! Seems to me like this feature was rolled out with the Google product philosophy- i.e. just roll it out now and let the users suffer while they find the bugs for us. The only difference is that I paid good money for this...

I've tried a number of workarounds, and the only one that seems to work is logging into dropbox from a browser, then opening the 1PasswordAnywhere file, then entering my vault password. However, apart from being inconvenient, this means that I'm actually typing my vault password into a browser- exactly what I was trying not to do by using 1Password in the first place!

In addition to this, I've tried copying passwords that I use frequently from my shared vault to my primary- this works on OS-X, however any password copied into the vault like this does not sync via dropbox. The last method I've been using has been to copy passwords I use often and paste them into a secure note. That seems to be the only way to have access to them via 1Password for Android.

Please add my vote, as while you're at it, just add the vote of every customer you have now, or may have in the future who uses an android device and wants to use multiple vaults. Right now every single one of them is going to be frustrated and disappointed.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

In addition to this, I've tried copying passwords that I use frequently from my shared vault to my primary- this works on OS-X, however any password copied into the vault like this does not sync via dropbox.

How are you "copying them in"? As far as I know, any new items in the vault should just sync over Dropbox are normal.

• MDove
    MDove
    Community Member
    Options

When in my second vault in the 1Pass app (not 1Password Mini), I right click on the login and then select share > primary > copy. This creates a duplicate entry in my primary vault. This duplicate login, however, does not sync with my Android app via dropbox.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

If you manually create a new login in the primary vault and manually copy all the field values across, does it sync?

If so then I would guess that the problem is with the cross vault copy function in 1Password Mac. I'd suggest that you start a new thread in the Mac forum to address it (include a link to this thread for background).

If it still doesn't sync then I'm going to bow out and leave it to the Agilebits guys.

• @MDove I would be very interested to hear what happens when you try to manually create a new login in your primary vault. It's possible that there is a sync issue at play here or that the login item isn't being created in a way that the Android version recognizes. Either way, I would like to look into the issue and try to help resolve it for you.

As for multiple vault support, we are currently working very hard on internal updates to 1Password for Android that will allow us to add support for this. Although I can't give you a timeline for when this feature will be ready, I can say that this is an active area of development work for us right now.

• Kenneth Ulmer
    Kenneth Ulmer
    Community Member
    Options

Another +1. Half a year ago since this thread started, still not even a time line. :(

• jordiben
    jordiben
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, my son used 1password on your Mac and ios and has always left me in a very good place the application.
    I really do not like Apple or its commercial and pricing policy so'm using windows and now android so until recently could not think of using 1password.
    The application is generally very good but does not work well or equally well on PC and android and ios.
    Should report very clearly that there is the same performance on android.
    It is vital that you can manage multiple vaults on android devices and also can always change the timing according interested to dropbox or folders. Furthermore sync folders should be able to SD or be visible from Windows Explorer and enable wifi sync in android.
    I paid a good amount for the application of PC and the android and hopefully solve this that is very important for me and also seems that for many people. Connection while I will not use or recommend this application because I have to help, do not give headaches. Thank you
    :(

• IndigoLightning
    IndigoLightning
    Community Member
    Options

I recently changed from the iPhone to the Note 4. Before I did this I confirmed that 1Password, which I rely on heavily every day to manage client accounts and well as my own, ran in the Android OS. What I failed to check was whether it supported multiple vaults (my bad). It is a great tool, but in order to use it on the go, I now have to carry either an iPad or MacBook to access client vaults. Since I have to do that, I could have just bought a flip phone... I am a huge fan of the AgileBits team. I know from a program perspective that they can make it happen. The question is, do they have the bandwidth to address all the issues generated by a buggy IOs 8 and make the Android version a usable tool? (and for me, can it be done before I'm pushed into giving up my favorite app for one that offers what my clients and I need to work effectively together. )

• Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on the Android version of 1Password. Both multiple vaults and WiFi sync support are not yet available on the Android version. Both have been heavily requested by our users and we are making the changes to the internal structure that will allow us to implement features like these. We hope to have an update on these feature requests very soon!

This discussion has been closed.