Multiple vault support

Options

Comments

• Crestone Creations
    Crestone Creations
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I have been looking high and low for a way to simply stop using the chosen vault on Android and choose another one. Both files in question live in Dropbox however at first launch of the App only one file appeared (a secondary vault setup on a Mac. I really want the Primary file).
    I simply want to stop reading this secondary vault and choose the Primary. I have used 1Password for years on Macs and PCs and iOS and am trying to learn the ways of Android. Please direct me to help on this - I have looked for hours and am just not finding an answer. Thank you!

• peri
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @Crestone Creations

Unfortunately there currently isn't support for multiple vaults on Android. We do receive a lot of requests for this feature, though, and our developers are considering adding multiple vault support in the future. :)

1Password 4 for Android allows you to select your data folder from any path, but once you have selected the path, it does not allow you to change it without resetting the application. So if you decide to sync to another location, you will need to reset all of 1Password's settings to set the new data location. This is the only way to set the new path at the moment.

If you are interested in selecting the new location in 1Password, here's what you will need to do. This will remove all of your data on your Android device, so please make sure to securely copy any new items you added on Android that have not synced over.

1. Go into your device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data"

Then launch 1Password on your Android and sync to the new location.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!

• Crestone Creations
    Crestone Creations
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Peri, yes that is exactly what I needed to know about - Clearing the data to start over - perfect - Thanks again!

• peri
    Options

@Crestone Creations

That's good news! I'm glad to hear things are working smoothly again. We'll be here if you need anything else.:)

• Mike Fogel
    Mike Fogel
    Community Member
    Options

This thread has 64 (now 65) comments and 1.3k views - making it the most popular thread for the 1Password for Android forum.

Pretty please with a cherry on top could we get this feature prioritized?

I use 1password for my work accounts, I would like to use it for all my personal stuff too, but until there's multiple vault support for Android I can't do that.

• peri
    Options

Hey @Mike Fogel‌. Thanks for your input. We have recently prioritized multiple vault support, but we still can't make any promises as to when you might see it. Our team is working on several new improvements for the next update. We're hoping this is something we can roll out in the near future. :)

• Manix
    Manix
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Please add my count.

• darktygur
    darktygur
    Community Member
    Options

Here is my issue. If I go to this page:
    https://agilebits.com/onepassword

..and I scroll down to see all the features of 1Password, it looks great. It works on all the platforms I use (Windows and Android, no Apple devices for me). Then I scroll down, and I see the "Securely share with family or team members" headline. All kinds of sharing (that's a different topic), and Multiple vaults.

Then later I found out that whole section is really platform specific. No multiple vaults at all on Android. The page looks like all platforms have equal footing, but that's not really the case. In fact, I kind of get the impression that you give more attention to Apple platforms, though I hope that's not the case.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I kind of get the impression that you give more attention to Apple platforms, though I hope that's not the case.

You wouldn't be alone in that impression round here although, not having any direct insight into the inner workings of Agilebits, I have no idea if it's true or not.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @darktygur‌

As someone with a bit of knowledge about the inner workings of AgileBits, I can tell you that any discrepancy in the platforms is not that we are more focused on Mac and iOS, but simply that we have had more time to work with them. When 1Password started, it was a Mac app. Other platforms have been added as the popularity of the app has grown, and we've got a great team working to ensure that 1Password for Android is as awesome as it can be.

I'm sorry that you found the product page to be a bit deceiving though, I'll be sure to pass that along to our web designers.

• travischoma
    travischoma
    Community Member
    Options

Really disappointed to see such a long thread and no progress on this. Multiple vaults are only useful if your software supports it across all the platforms it runs on. I'm ready to buy multiple licenses but I need to be able to use separate vaults for my corporate and personal accounts.

• jpaul
    jpaul
    Community Member
    Options

Hi AgileBits, I absolutely understand the need to take the time to do SW right. I'll join the crowd that says multiple vaults would be a killer feature. So:

+1

Many thanks.

• rienkterpstra
    rienkterpstra
    Community Member
    Options

Wholeheartedly agree. Multiple vault support on Android should be done ASAP! Can you give any indication if, and if so when, this might be addressed?

• saad
    edited January 2015
    Options

There are a couple of major internal changes that need to addressed before we can implement multiple vaults support into 1Password for Android. Our team has already started working on these changes and our plan is to bring multiple vaults support in the near future. Thanks for your votes!

• AKostur
    AKostur
    Community Member
    Options

Sigh Back in July the statement from you was "the team will be looking into it in the near future" (see post #2 in this thread). Here we are 6 months later and it's still "support in the near future". What is your definition of "near future"?

• peri
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hey there. I apologize for the frustration this is causing and appreciate everyone's patience while we work on this.

Our devs indeed started looking into adding multiple vault support right after the feature was first requested. While we have not yet added multiple vault support, we have managed to implement many other changes based on user feedback over the last 7 months.

I'm totally with you on this--I'm really excited multiple vault support as well. :) However, we don't like making promises on unreleased features. There are a lot of factors involved in implementation of new features. We'd hate to promise a release date and then be unable to live up to that promise for some unforseen reason.

We definitely take user feedback seriously, and we appreciate your input. This has become a highly requested feature, and we're working on getting it out as soon as possible. Once again, we appreciate your patience and support. Thanks!

• StefanoGiacomelli
    StefanoGiacomelli
    Community Member
    Options

Once more I agree with all others that are baffled about this methods of working.
    Agilebits conducts a family of products under the name 1Password, and while everyone recognize they are market leader, apart each product open the same vault the others open too, these products seem to be 4 different products (I bought all of them).
    Either Agilebits develops its software from time to time, optionally, or they have a different strategy we (users and customers) can't understand.
    Furthermore I can't see so many transformations in the last year versions of the Android version to justify other undelayable priorities.
    I merely dare to reiterate my old request to be informed (with expected release quarter) about any future significant improvement and about the convergence of the different versions.
    To me, implementing multiple vaults for Android could elaps no more than 6 months for a professional product team (included beta testing).
    How much we have to wait yet?
    Thanks for every (real) info.
    sg

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Furthermore I can't see so many transformations in the last year versions of the Android version to justify other undelayable priorities.

My guess is that the new in-app filling feature took a lot of their time. If that is the case then I completely agree with their prioritization, although multi-vault would be very close behind.

• peri
    edited February 2015
    Options

The in-app filling feature has indeed been a big project, and one I think our users will be quite pleased with when we release it in a stable version.

In addition to that, there were a lot of bug fixes and UI improvements which totally jazzed up the app. 1Password 4 was the first non-Reader app for Android, so we've had a few kinks to work out along the way. But I think we're making great progress, and I'm super excited to see (and use) what comes next! :lol:

As I previously stated, though, my hands are tied with regards to specifying any time frame in which we can expect to see multiple vault support. There are so many unforeseen factors which can (and usually do) influence updates that we can't make promises.

Thanks again for your patience!

• msaitd
    msaitd
    Community Member
    Options

upvote for me aswell

• Thanks, @msaitd! I've added your vote. :)

• rgseba
    rgseba
    Community Member
    Options

just registered to give my +1. This is very annoying, not only the unresponsiveness of your team, but also the lack of communication.

• lightfuze
    lightfuze
    Community Member
    Options

+3 votes here! one for each vault :-)

• peri
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hi @rgseba. Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for the frustration that this issue is causing you. I'll go ahead and add your vote!

@lightfuze Thanks! I'm adding your vote as well. :)

• tjd230
    tjd230
    Community Member
    Options

I was wondering where 1Password stands on multiple vault for Android? I am using my primary vault for personal and my secondary for work. Servers, admin logins etc, and when I go into the server room, it's tough to get the passwords from my secondary vault without being able to access it on my phone.

• Hi @tjd230. Thanks for getting in touch with us! I merged your thread with this one on the same subject.

We do not currently have multiple vault support on Android. However, we've received many requests for this feature, and our developers are looking into it. I'll go ahead an add your vote as well! :)

Thanks again and let us know if you have any further questions.

• beasty
    beasty
    Community Member
    Options

Oh bummer. Glad I'm not switched yet. Wanted to merge my Lastpass (online, separate vault) and outdated SPB Wallet (offline, again separate vault). Seems like this feature is not a priority for AgileBits :(

• jordiben
    jordiben
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    It is quite simple to understand, that the support for multiple vaults is very important and necessary. This thread was started in June last year. Despite all the answers and reasons Agilebits team is clearly not a priority at all resolve this issue.
    I and my colleagues why we acquired this program on your website appeared misinformation about this feature for the android system.
    Many months have passed and I have almost no confidence that implement this feature.
    But before changing software again, I'll ask again, when this feature will be implemented for android?. This must be answered in a crisp and clear with a certain date.
    I think all android users deserve a respect that even today, despite the words, we have not had.
    a greeting
    :(

• saad
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for your feedback. We completely understand multiple vaults support is a very important feature but it requires a major "under-the-hood" change to 1Password. We have started making these changes and when they are complete and thoroughly tested, we will look into adding support for multiple vaults. Unfortunately, I'm not able to provide a timeframe of when multiple vaults will become available as we may face several challenges during the development process.

• JFSIII
    JFSIII
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, read the share a vault post, created a vault for my wife and I, moved all our shared info into it, set it up on her Mac, only to find out none of it is available on our Android phones.

Please bring parity, at least for this feature, to the Android client.

This discussion has been closed.