Multiple vault support

Comments

• Thanks for your vote @JFSIII. I'm sorry how much this is affecting you on Android. :(

• urthos
    urthos
    Community Member

+1 - not having multiple vaults on Android is a huge issue for team sharing.

• I hear you loud and clear, @urthos. :) Thanks for the input. I'm adding your vote!

• 3xp0n3nt
    3xp0n3nt
    Community Member

I was surprised that such a basic feature was missing when I installed 1password for Android, and even more surprised that it wasn't part of the "premium features". Please add my vote.

• Hi @3xp0n3nt. Thanks for the feedback! Multiple vault support is something we would definitely love to see come to Android as well. I'll add your vote! :)

• erichkist
    erichkist
    Community Member

Please add my vote. @peri, where can I see the roadmap and the votes? Do you have any information about the status from this feature?

• tulbox
    tulbox
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

This Android multi-vault support has been "on the roadmap" and plans to implement "in the near future" since January 2014. That's 15 months ago. Is there someplace where this roadmap is actually publicly detailed?

• We don’t have a publicly available roadmap as we could face development challenges and limitations that may push back certain feature releases. We do understand the importance of multiple vault support and we are prioritizing it as much as we can. Thanks for your +1 for multiple vault support.

• ddavid
    ddavid
    Community Member

another drop in the sea of +1s...

• Thanks for the vote!

• jessesanford
    jessesanford
    Community Member

Inching close to the 1 year mark on this very basic fundamental feature request. +1

• Thanks for your input @jessesanford! I'm adding your :+1:

• torsteneh
    torsteneh
    Community Member

+6 votes for me, I guess. I bought a 6-seat license for our church thinking multiple vaults was supported on all platforms. I ran into the lack of Android support when configuring 1Password for my smartphone. It wasn't clear to me from the website and reviews that Android doesn't support multiple vaults. I would like to also request this feature.

• Hi @torsteneh. Thanks for the feedback. Multiple vault support is something we'd really like to see on Android soon, too. I'll go ahead and add your votes! :)

• mosheldon
    mosheldon
    Community Member

+1 multivailt support for android

• Mistr_Nic
    Mistr_Nic
    Community Member

+1 for multiple vault support for Android for me too.

• Thank you so much for your votes!

• summer
    summer
    Community Member

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts of the Android and i'm really glad to share my thoughts for all of you too..
    I think the Samsung is better among all the Android mobile phones.

• cubrown
    cubrown
    Community Member

Is there a approx. date for Multi Vaults? Don't want to waste my money if not coming soon? Have Keepass but does not like IOS but good with android.

• Thanks for getting in touch with us! :)

We don't make promises with regards to unreleased features, so I'm afraid I can't provide any sort of ETA for multiple vault support. However, 1Password 4 for Android is free to install, and free to use for 30 days with full functionality. So you can install it and give it a go to see if you like it.

After 30 days, you won't be able to add or edit new items, but you'll still be able to sync and view your data. I recommend giving that a shot to see if the app works for you. Also, keep posted here and in our release notes for information about new features and improvements.

• saagarp
    saagarp
    Community Member

Seriously disappointed that this is STILL an action item for the Android client. I kept hoping it was "just around the corner", but I guess it's finally time to start looking at alternatives.

• peri
    edited April 2015

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Multiple vault support will require major internal changes, which we've begun working on. We've prioritized this feature as much as possible, and we're hoping to be able to bring it in the future. :) I'll go ahead and add your vote.

• JamieA
    JamieA
    Community Member

+1 for multiple vault support on Android ASAP!

Have to keep copies of items in a shared vault in my primary vault so I can access from my phone -- that creates a giant headache keeping the shared items in sync between the different vaults.

• Thanks for your input, @JaimeA. I'll definitely add your :+1: as well.

• horn_mueller
    horn_mueller
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

WOW! It is really incredible that multiple vault support is missing in the Android app AND that it's not made clear on the agilebit website. Agilebits – you have to improve customer information and transparency – also and specially in your marketing. Where is a comparison table of the different platforms if there are major differences like that??? This is really a no-go! A good product needs a good and fair and transparent marketing! I understand that there is a history in the the different platform versions, which causes different levels of features (unfortunately), but the consequences and the differences have to be clear for the customer! Your website presentation suggests exactly the opposite – "1Password supported platforms: Mac, Win, iOS, Android". One product – four platforms. But it is not ONE consistent product.

For me, it's particularly ridiculous because I missed multiple vaults for a long long long time in 1Password v3 for Mac (which I started to use in 2010) and was so happy when it finally came with v4 (it took a very long time – I think this was in 2013 (?), 2 years ago!, the structure of the software had to be changed fundamentaly you wrote I remember – history is repeating?). Now I bought my first android phone and hadn't spent a single thought to have any problems with 1Password, specially not with this issue again!!! Hell .... it really can't be true ....... But reality can be so cruel.

And now I found this old old old and long long long thread starting June 2014 and it's may 2015 and there still is no multiple vault support in the Android app? What are you doing please? I suppose your sales figures should be in a range that it cannot be the problem of manpower, and even if it's difficult it should be possible to accomplish it in one year ... Is it really that hard??? And still no timeline at all? No information about the state of development?

I hope you will make it ... soon. SOOON! Not next year! Please not 2017 .....................

• Hey there. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your feedback. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your frustration regarding multiple vault support on Android. While we are definitely working toward making 1Password more uniform across platforms, the fact that 1Password for Android is only a year old means that it has a little farther to go to catch up with our Mac and iOS counterparts.

That said, we have indeed begun working on the major structural changes necessary to bring multiple vault support. As we've mentioned previously in this thread, we make it a habit never to promise expected timelines for unreleased features. While we do hope to bring multiple vault support to Android in the near future, there are too many unknown factors that may still influence when it could happen.

Our development team is aware of how important this feature is to our users, and have prioritized it as much as possible. I'll add your vote as well. Thanks!

Let us know if you have any other feedback!

• jeffreyschiff
    jeffreyschiff
    Community Member

I just bought the premium version for my new android phone, which replaces my iPhone. No multiple vault sync makes this app useless for me with my Mac version. Not happy having spent $10 for nothing.........

• Hi @jeffreyschiff. I completely understand your frustration and I will be passing on your vote for the addition of multiple vaults support on Android. If you would like us to look into a refund for your purchase of the premium features, please contact our support team with your Play Store receipt: support+android @ agilebits.com

• jeffreyschiff
    jeffreyschiff
    Community Member

Thanks, appreciate that.

• You're very welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.