Multiple vault support

1235»

Comments

• djohnson
    djohnson
    Community Member

I feel that the biggest issue is that you list android as a supported platform without any mention that it's a completely different and incomplete product compared to the other platforms. I was forced to request a refund since it's useless in it's current form when working with a distributed team. It would be one thing if you only charged a fraction of the price for the incomplete android version- then I could just wait it out, but it's an insult to charge the same as it's much better supported counterpart. 1password was the only negative experience switching from an iphone to android...

• jordiben
    jordiben
    Community Member

It is inexcusable and unacceptable that an application dedicated to something as sensitive as to store personal data deceive your clients as you have done.
    It is an insult to claim that adapt 1password or any other application requiring long time. This is an application only and not to discover the universe.
    You have misled all those who look on their website that 1password f worked equally on all platforms.
    There is no denying 1password is a great application..................................... "for IOS", but not for android while not support multiple vaults.
    Very serious failures like these are one day cause people to forget one app.
    Sorry but I am very upset because I spent a lot of time informing 1password data it appears that inevitably will have to reprocess.
    Please do not answer to messages more to say.

that are working .....
    it is very difficult .....
    that you have to change what not .....
    bla bla bla bla

They are not credible at all.
    And tired of so many months, I'm seriously looking for an alternative.
    Sorry about this

• 1Password 4 for Android was first released in the Play Store less than a year ago, and since then, it's improved greatly. We haven't managed to add support for all of the features our users have requested (yet), but we have released several updates with added features and improvements based on customer feedback. We definitely understand that the app isn't perfect, and we understand that there's always room for improvement. We all know how much our users would love to see multiple vault support come to Android, and we take that very seriously.

We are proud of 1Password 4 for Android, and pleased with its progress since its release. We are also quite excited for the changes to come. :)

As we've pointed out previously in this thread, adding multiple vault support requires big changes under the hood, and we've already begun the process of making those changes. We are hoping to be able to bring multiple vault support to Android in the near future. :)

• TMac123
    TMac123
    Community Member

I understand that this is on the roadmap. If it's in the beta already, I would like to test this feature. I use 2 keys (work and personal). I have 1 password premium for Windows, OSX, iOS, and now Android and this is a critical feature for me. Thank You.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Hey @TMac123. I've gone ahead and merged your discussion with this one on the same subject. :)

We are indeed hoping to add multiple vault support to Android in the future, but unfortunately, we don't have any sort of ETA at the moment. I will definitely go ahead and add your vote. :)

To become a beta tester, you'll just need to sign up for our beta newsletter. You'll be notified when a new beta has been released, and also be sent the download links. You can also keep up with our latest releases by checking out our release notes.

Thanks!

• tshafer
    tshafer
    Community Member

The android version is unusable for power users without multiple vault support. Please add my vote.

• We are working on getting multiple vaults supported for a future release. Thank you for your vote @tshafer.

• trogdan
    trogdan
    Community Member

What works for me is to sync my vaults to 2 different locations in Dropbox, then create a second User on the device you want to use. The second user has her own copy of 1Password app that can point to that second vault. Not the most elegant solution, but at least you can access more than 1 vault this way.

• Thanks for the great suggestion, @trogdan. That's an awesome workaround while we work on adding support for multiple vaults! :)

• jordiben
    jordiben
    Community Member

"June 2014
    Saad
    AgileBits Team Member
    July 2014 edited July 2014
    Hi Paul! 1Password 4 is available on Mac, Windows, iOS and Android (4.0+).

Multiple vaults is not yet supported in 1Password 4 for Android. It is something that's on our roadmap and the team will be looking into it in the near future. As for agilekeychain (data file) creation on Android, this will be available very soon and will be added as part of an update on the Play Store. Right now setting up sync requires you to have an existing data file created on 1Password for Mac or Windows. You're more than welcome to use our trial version to accomplish this! Please let us know if you need any assistance in setting up sync on your computer."

August 2015

More than one year has passed and nothing has changed. No support for multiple vaults. I think you have no interest in this issue. And it is right that you express whether they will offer support for this feature or not. And if so, when. A very dissatisfied customer. Thank you

• I can understand your frustration about not having multiple vaults support on Android yet. Our team has been working very hard and have made some great progress in the past year.

Adding support for multiple vaults is a very important feature to us. Not only is it one of our top requested features but it is something that we also use every day in our workflow.

We avoid promising features until the development process is near completion incase we face any technical challenges along the way. With that said, I don’t have any immediate timeframe for multiple vaults support on Android yet. Let me know if you have any questions.

• fjania
    fjania
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

Another vote for a long needed feature that is bafflingly not in the Android version.

• Thanks! I'll go ahead and add your vote! :)

This discussion has been closed.