Suggestion: custom keyboard [Under consideration for the future, not a priority now]

Options
DaveDK
DaveDK
Community Member
edited July 2014 in iOS

Would it be possible to make a custom 1password keyboard for ios8? That way I could use 1password to fill out passwords In all apps not just safari...

Comments

• fatherfork
    fatherfork
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Third party keyboards will not have access to secured fields, unfortunately. See this Apple developer article.

• english06
    english06
    Community Member
    Options

But can you use the keyboard to save the password to the clipboard and then use that to paste in a password manually?

• MrRooni
    Options

Custom keyboards are definitely something we have considered, but we are focusing on extensions for this upcoming release.

• MikeT
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

@english06:

But can you use the keyboard to save the password to the clipboard and then use that to paste in a password manually?

We could try but as MrRooni mentioned, right now our priorities are TouchID and the Safari extension, both of which are major changes that we want to get perfect on before the iOS 8 is released.

The key thing about testing these stuff is that we can get Apple involved early to fixing their APIs, so that it is fixed before the iOS 8 release in the Fall. We want to keep filing bug reports with Apple and the best way is to focus on these two areas right now.

So, keep testing these as hard as you can, file bug reports, and once we get everything stabilized, we can think about the other cool things we can do.

• english06
    english06
    Community Member
    Options

Oh yeah of course. I posted that before I saw the current iteration of Extensions.

• MikeT
    Options

:P Hopefully, we'll get it all fixed up soon.

This discussion has been closed.