TouchID for 1Password App vs. Safari Plug-in

Nicholas Heilweil
Nicholas Heilweil
Community Member

I'm curious about the differences in using TouchID to go into the app vs. the Safari extension.

I get that you have to continue to use a master password but for access to the app you can set it to its max of 30 days and the rest of the time you can just use TouchID when launching the app which is all sorts of awesome.

Unfortunately with the Safari extension, you need to use your master password every time you go into the browser, rather than being able to use TouchID which is a drag. I'm hoping that future versions will allow the Safari plug-in to have that same max 30-day window so that it's consistent.

Comments

• Jordan Richardson
    Jordan Richardson
    Community Member

I'm able to use the touchID unlock with the Safari Extension.

• Nicholas Heilweil
    Nicholas Heilweil
    Community Member

Maybe I didn't make my Safari issue clear enough --

If I launch Safari, the first time I try to use the 1P extension, I get prompted for the master password and then I can subsequently use TouchID. But if I close out of Safari completely, I get the same thing next time I run it and need to first enter the master password.

I'd like it so that for a 30-day period, I never have to enter the master password and can use only TouchID.

• Nicholas Heilweil
    Nicholas Heilweil
    Community Member

4.6.BETA-2 seems to address this issue in that I can launch Safari and get into the extension with only TouchID. Note how long it will last before prompting again for my Master Password. Hopefully not for a long time!

• Thanks for the feedback, Nicholas. We will continue to make some improvements here.

This discussion has been closed.