Dropbox syncing not working on iOS 8

George Dick
George Dick
Community Member
edited July 2014 in iOS

Is this bug reproducible?

Yes, at least on my device.

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices?

iPhone 5S, iOS 8, beta2

A quick summary of the bug:

Unable to reactivate dropbox sync.

Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it:

Upon launch, getting a message: Enable Sync. "It appears that synching is not currently enabled. You can enable synching by tapping on Settings>Sync"

Steps followed:

1) go to settings
2) tap "Start Syncing" under Primary Vault
3) tap "Sync Dropbox" under Choose a Sync Method
4) Choose my account (already displayed above Connect Another Account)
5) After searching for 1Password data, I'm giving two vaults to choose from: my current vault (which has been loaded in the app), and a second vault I had set up for testing for shared vaults previously on the mac). My current vault is showing in grey text, the other shared vault is showing in black and blue text.
6) Choose existing vault. Message shows "Vault Exists. This vault already exists on your iPhone."

At this point, I'd hope that synching woud be set up, but this cycle will repeat.

Thanks!

George

Comments

• alanshutko
    alanshutko
    Community Member

Try rebooting your phone. I had this problem on the released app with iOS 8, but it seems reboot fixes it.

• DerekC
    DerekC
    Community Member

I've had issues with the Dropbox app itself. May I recommend deleting the Dropbox app from your phone, then attempting the sync? This worked for me. Seems to be an issue with the Dropbox app in iOS8

• George Dick
    George Dick
    Community Member

A reboot did it. Didn't expect that since I've been rebooting pretty often!

• Glad to hear it got sorted, George. Out of curiosity, what was different in your steps above after the reboot? Was your vault no longer greyed out?

• (fun fact, George actually took the photo that I use for my profile pic) hugs George

• patte
    patte
    Community Member

I had the same issue. Despite the error message the sync still worked. A reboot fixed the rest.

dropbox error

• MikeT
    edited July 2014

Hi @patte,

Thanks. I was able to see this on the iPad as well and updated the open bug reports we have on this.

We're a bit more concerned about why it keeps turning off the Dropbox sync and we're still investigating on that part. Have you reported this in the past with us?

• patte
    patte
    Community Member

@MikeT No, I haven't reported it before since I only had the issue when updating to iOS 8.
    I thought it the beta was the fix but after a couple of days it had the same issues with Dropbox as the regular version.

Like I stated above, although the sync appears to be turned off this morning it worked regardless of its state – I'll check again when this happens to confirm this and report here.

• MikeT
    edited July 2014

Hi @patte,

This has been happening long before iOS 8 was out, likely started when we released the iOS 4.5 version after we overhauled the sync system.

When it happens again, don't fix it right away and instead please email us the diagnostic report from the iOS app and include the link to this thread if you can. Let me know when you do that, so that I can follow up on it.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.