1Password Alumni
edited December 2014 in Mac

Comments

• fischstarr
    fischstarr
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

I'm having a similar sounding problem with stgeorge bank in Australia. 1Password is correctly pasting all the data to the fields and then one of them appears to be automatically deleted as it submits the data and the login fails. I've tried all the steps above and installed the new extensions etc. to no avail. I'd love a fix on this as it's a regularly used site and considerably impacts the usefulness of the 1Password system to have to manually copy and paste..

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @fischstarr,

I'm sorry you're having trouble using 1Password on the St.George Bank site. I've moved your post to a separate new topic because this is a different issue than with the ING site. Is https://ibanking.stgeorge.com.au/ibank/loginPage.action the URL of the login page where it's happening?

Can you please try at least temporarily disabling auto-submit and let me know if you get a different result when manually submitting after filling?

To disable auto-submit for a single item, you can edit it in 1Password and change the submit option to Never submit:

[test data shown]

To disable auto submit for all sites, you can disable the Automatically submit logins after filling option in the Browser tab of Preferences. Here's an article about it:

Easily toggle auto-submit

Also:

• Which web browser(s) are you using?
    • Which versions of the 1Password application and its browser extension(s) are you running?

Thanks in advance for that information!

• geoff_chard
    geoff_chard
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having exactly the same issue. It was automatically deleting the 2nd of 3 fields. I already tried turning off Auto-submit, which stopped the 2nd field from being deleted, but the login fails every time. If I manually copy and paste the information (3 times over, 1 for each field) it works, which leads me to believe it isn't submitting the right information into each field. I've tried changing the password multiple times, tried creating a new login based on manually entered data, and I've installed the 'autosubmit script' as well. This problem has only recently come about as I have been using 1Password for several years now (on the same banking website) without issue.

I'm using Safari with OS X 10.9.3, 1Password for Mac 4.4.1, and Safari extension 4.2.3.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You can check what it's putting in each field by viewing the item in the main 1P4 app and then clicking on show web form details.

Stephen

• fischstarr
    fischstarr
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks SJK. I changed to "Never Submit" and found in revealing the web form details that there were corruptions in the data stored there. So I made the changes and voila all sorted. Appreciate your feedback and tips.

• On behalf of @sjk, you're welcome. I'm glad to hear his suggestion helped.

Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fischstarr,

Presumably you entered correct values for the Security Number and Internet Password web form fields as securityNumber and password fields in you item's web form details, e.g.:

Did you also try using that item with auto-submit reenabled? I'm curious to know whether or not it works, really to assist anyone else who's having trouble with this site. :)

Thanks!

• chrisj
    chrisj
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still having trouble with this site. When I restrict the fields that 1password has stored to just the password in the 3rd field, use autofill from the toolbar extension, and manually enter the data in the first 2 fields in the browser, login fails. If I copy and paste the password using 1password's copy/paste functions, all is fine. It seems the autofill function pastes corrupted data for some reason.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chrisj,

Sorry to hear 1Password filling is misbehaving on the St.George Internet Banking site for you, too.

Do web form details for your Login item look similar to those in the image in my last reply (post #8)? And what is the length of your password? We've had reports of problems when it's over 12 characters, e.g. here.

If that doesn't help fix the problem please let us know and we'll try some other troubleshooting. Thanks!

• chrisj
    chrisj
    Community Member
    Options

My web form details are similar to post #8. Differences are that my userid only uses 8 numbers instead of 16 (for a very long time St George has allowed you to user a shorter 8 number login if you want). My password is 14 characters, but St George has no problem with that if I just paste the password in. Should I change my password to 12 characters and see if that works?

• chrisj
    chrisj
    Community Member
    Options

Just reduced my password from 14 to 12 characters - didn't solve the problem. Then changed from "Submit when enabled" (as in post #8) to "Never submit" and all now works (in Safari). Pretty happy with that! PS: whether or not the "issueNumber" field is present (as in post #8) or absent makes no difference in my case.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chrisj,

I'm glad you were able to get a Login item working with this site by disabling auto-submit. I'll make a note of that in the bug report we have for a few issues there, which are planned to be fixed in a future update. Thanks for your followup!

ref: OPX-240

• WayneRichmond
    WayneRichmond
    Community Member
    Options

1Password used to store and fill-in the access number, security number and password for my bank account but with the latest version this no longer works. It puts in the access number but not the other two fields. I've tried recreating it a few times but to no avail.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

When you tried to re-create the login did you follow the procedure for re-creating and saving a login manually? The reason I ask specifically is that the linked page contains the following:

Saving a new Login manually can be helpful for fixing Logins that are problematic or that were once working but have since stopped. It allows 1Password to refresh everything it “knows” about the page and start from a clean slate.

That's why the procedure, if followed correctly, might help you. (Sorry if you've already done exactly that. Please post again if you have and you're still having a problem. Bank logins are notoriously tricky.)

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WayneRichmond‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your bank Login! As @Stephen_C says, they can be rather tricky. If you've already followed the linked steps to manually re-create the Login, could you let us know the URL that you are using? We'd love to do some testing here to figure out what's going on.

• WayneRichmond
    WayneRichmond
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your quick responses Stephen & Megan.

I have followed the procedure for re-creating and saving a login manually but it didn't help. If I watch carefully 1Password seems to fill in all three of the fields but then all but the top one (Card/Access Number) are suddenly deleted and the error message appears (see previous screen grab.)

Here is the URL for St George Bank banking:

https://ibanking.stgeorge.com.au/ibank/loginPage.action

Cheers . . .

Wayne

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Wayne ( @WayneRichmond‌ ),

Thanks so much for getting back to me with that URL! I've moved your post into an already existing discussion about this particular website. As you can see, you're not the only one having trouble here, and our developers are already looking for a solution. In the meantime, you'll notice that some users have had success in disabling the auto-submit option for the entry. Please let me know if this helps you!

• SirShanksalot
    SirShanksalot
    Community Member
    Options

Hi All -

Just wanted to add my two cents that I too am having this same issue and have resolved for now with the advice from above by:

• correcting the erroneous saved info in web form details
    • disabling auto-submit.

I've tried with a clean slate again after updating to the latest 5.3 (Mac).

Persnickety Green Dragon ;-)

Cheers

Jason

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SirShanksalot ,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here! I'm glad that you were able to make use of the workaround. If 1Password fails to fill again, we'd appreciate it if you would file a report using our new in-app tool. It's called Synapse, and it makes it simple for you to let us know when something's not working, and gives our team all kinds of details that can help them track down the issue more quickly. You can read all about how to report a website failing to fill in our Knowledgebase:

Reporting website filling issues with Synapse.

This discussion has been closed.