Feature Request: New Record Type -> Subscriptions

nancikennedy
nancikennedy
Community Member

This would be useful to keep track of both magazine subscriptions and service subscriptions, e.g. Evernote Premium, Office 365 and the like, where you would want to store more than just login and/or membership details. It would also be great if these records could also be treated like logins, so they would show up as a login for the associated website, if any.

Suggested fields: Title/Name, Company, Member Since, Duration (maybe in months), Renewal Date, Price, Member Name, Member ID, Payment Method, Username, Password

-nanci

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'll pass your suggestion along to the team, @nancikennedy‌. Thanks for taking the time to share it! :)

In the meantime, perhaps adding some cutom fields to a Login item and tagging it "subscription" (or putting it in a "Subscriptions" folder) will help. I have been doing this myself for recurring bills for years. I even add an extra tag "credit" to the ones that are recurring credit card payments and note which card they have on file. That way I can look at my Smart Folder showing items tagged with both "subscription" and "credit" to easily see where I need to update my details if I move or if a credit card is replaced after being lost or stolen. When moving, it is very helpful to keep track of utilities that need to be updated or shut off in that case. It's come in handy a number of times already, so I agree it is a handy thing to keep track of.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

A Subscriptions header would be useful as more companies move towards it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know you too are interested in a new category.

• wlmorin55
    wlmorin55
    Community Member

Thanks khad for your suggestion on handling subscriptions. Having a dedicated subscription category as nancikennedy‌ suggested would also be nice. Until that happens I'll use your approach.

• wlmorin55
    wlmorin55
    Community Member

Is it possible to have 1Password send a notification when an item is due renewal or set time prior? Perhaps add the expiration date to iCal or a push notification alerting you that a preset time in advance that an item is due renewal.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks khad for your suggestion on handling subscriptions. Having a dedicated subscription category as nancikennedy‌ suggested would also be nice. Until that happens I'll use your approach.

Happy to help! :)

Is it possible to have 1Password send a notification when an item is due renewal or set time prior?

Not at this time.

Perhaps add the expiration date to iCal or a push notification alerting you that a preset time in advance that an item is due renewal.

You'd have to add the notification to Calendar manually right now. 1Password hasn't thus far been created to handle calendar and reminder data, but I'll let the team know you're interested in that as well. :)

• wlmorin55
    wlmorin55
    Community Member

Maybe by adding the expiry date field to the Smart Folder as a selection, this would allow for setting up a smart folder that would add items about to expire within a specified date.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

That is a very good idea. Thank you for mentioning it, @wlmorin55. :D

This discussion has been closed.