Reinstalled 1Password, won't connect to iCloud to sync

Options
Myname
Myname
Community Member

Having to do a complete rebuild of my laptop (MacBook Pro). I have 1Password on my desktop (Mac Pro) and iOS devices. Downloaded 1Password to the laptop, but when I try to sync, it says I'm not connected to iCloud, been though I am. Now that all my passwords are in 1Password, I need to access them so I can reinstall all my software (Adobe etc) and most require the passwords.
Downloaded 1Password from the website, not App Store, which is where I originally purchased the software.

Comments

• Myname
    Myname
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed. For some reason the license wasn't applied on either version on either computer, so once I reapplied from the purchase email, it started syncing.
    I have to wonder, Agilebits, why would the license suddenly not be on the software?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Myname,

The 1Password 4 for Mac license is stored in the ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/License folder. Maybe it wasn't restored when you rebuilt your MacBook Pro, but that doesn't explain why it would also go missing on your Mac Pro if it had been added there before. I really don't know what would have removed it but am glad you were able to sort that out and get your 1Password data syncing working again. Let us know if you'd like help determining the cause and we'd be happy to do what we can. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.