Duplicate item exist in 1Password? [Yes, right click on the item to duplicate or use the Edit menu]

intorid
intorid
Community Member
edited July 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

There is one and the same (site, URL, resource, login) constantly introduce new username and password manually in the program, whether it is possible to create a login function to apply a template or copy on the basis of already available? p.s. It would be very convenient! :-bd
Thank you!

Comments

• intorid
    intorid
    Community Member

Issue has been resolved!
    Had an older version of the program ((
    Update version 4!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I'm not sure I understand the question, but it sounds like it's working the way you hoped, and that's always good news! :)

Let us know if you have any other questions.

• bkh
    bkh
    Community Member

@DBrown suppose you have a login item for a site, and you want an almost identical second login for that same site (or for some other site). In the 1Password 4 main app you can right-click on the login item and duplicate it. Then the duplicate can be edited for slight tweaks to avoid going through the whole process of creating a new login that will be almost identical to an existing one.

• intorid
    intorid
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

@‌DBrown @BKH Yes it is it was a duplicate login to the sites! To my surprise it was already available in version 4 for Windows and I used it all the time .. 1 version (

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

The Duplicate command is a long-standing feature of 1Password for Windows, including version 1.x:

• intorid
    intorid
    Community Member

@‌DBrown All right, so did when updated to version 4 form Windows! ;) Thank you!

• bkh
    bkh
    Community Member

@DBrown, this is good news. It suggests that the v4 user interface has better discoverability, at least in this instance.

• I'd suspect it is also better because we added the right-click menu support on items in the main 1Password app. This mean you don't need to go to the Edit menu anymore.

This discussion has been closed.