Few questions about 1 password 4 for Android

vvcat
vvcat
Community Member

Hi,

1. I bought the 1 password 4 for Windows and got the license key, I input the key to Windows version, it is ok, should I input the key on Android version?

2. I found if I store the software license key, 1 password 4 for Android will not fully display the key character (e.g. AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EE......), I think that smartphone screen width issue, but is it possible wrap the key so that I need not to rotate the smartphone to landscape to see the full key.

3. the date format I see in Windows desktop mode is fine, but on Android version, It became a long digit 10 number (e.g. Windows version is 13 July 2014, Android version became 1405180800), did I set the wrong things.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

You need to pay for the Windows and Android versions separately I think. The Windows code will not work on Android as the Android license is tied to the Google account you used to download it.

Actually, ignore me, I'm talking crap.

• Hi @vvcat.

1. If you purchased a license for 1Password for Windows, the license file will only work on the Windows version of 1Password. The Android version does not accept a license key or file. The in-app purchase that will be available very soon will be tied to your Google Wallet account. It will be a one time in-app purchase for users who want to take advantage of the premium features in 1Password 4 on Android. Sorry for the confusion.

2. This one is interesting and we can definitely improve how we display long texts in these fields. I will bring this up to our development team so we can look into displaying the software license key in multiple lines if it does not fit. Thanks for pointing this out.

3. We fixed this bug in the beta version of 1Password. We will provide the fix as part of an update on the Play Store.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@saad, given that you're going down the in-app purchase route, are we likely to see Windows + Android or "All In" license bundles?

• We will certainly consider expanding our bundles to the Android platform if it's possible. I'll have more details about the pricing in the next few weeks.

This discussion has been closed.