Passwords Between Devices

Options
Jeffery
Jeffery
Community Member

Over the course of using 1P for a year or so I have relied on automatic iCloud syncing for password changes. It seems like there is a breakdown in passwords updating between devices. Currently I have different passwords between devices for the same logins which is creating some confusion and log-in troubles. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Jeffery
    Jeffery
    Community Member
    Options

To further get clarification: should I rely on my Mac as the primary source for passwords or will the most recent device used reflect the current password that will allow me access to my account?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jeffery,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password lately. I'll do my best to get this sorted for you as soon as possible!

Now, 1Password is generally pretty good at managing conflicts when merging data, so I'd like you to try resetting iCloud sync.

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and tap 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

• Jeffery
    Jeffery
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the clear and simple directions (and for your quick response). You continually exceed expectations for support.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Jeffery,

On behalf of Megan, you're absolutely welcome!

Thanks for the feedback.

• Jeffery
    Jeffery
    Community Member
    Options

:) I wonder what might be going on. I have had no issues for months and suddenly my user names and passwords do no auto populate. Could there be some break in the system? I have tried about 8-10 over the past few days. Thank you.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Jeffery‌

A lot has happened since your last post. Could you please let us know what device and OS version you are having this trouble with as well as which version of 1Password?

And when you say it isn't auto-populating, do you mean in 1Browser?

• Jeffery
    Jeffery
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. Typically I just click on the log-in and the user name and password auto-load into those fields. For a week or so I've been having to copy and paste them. Seems like I'm having sync issues too. I added a log-in on Saturday using my MacBook Air and it is not showing when I log intone my iPad Air or iPhone (4). Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. Please create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Jeffery
    Jeffery
    Community Member
    Options

Just sent the report from my iPad. Shall I do the same from my iPhone?

• Ben
    Options

Yes, please. :) I didn't see your message in our inbox, though. If you sent it from a different email address, please don't re-send it, but can you please send me a DM with the email address you sent from?

• Jeffery
    Jeffery
    Community Member
    Options

I am sorry. My iPad seems to choose e-mails randomly. Whatever is is it should have my last name in it. Baas.

• Ben
    Options

Found it. Thanks!

ref: KGJ-97199-995

• Jeffery
    Jeffery
    Community Member
    Options

Still waiting for a response, in the meantime what does it mean when I have "conflicts" in my log-ins. It appears this is a new field that was generated in some log-ins. Is this risky/dangerous? Thank you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jeffery,

It looks like someone replied to your email a few days ago. Did you receive that? If not, please check any junk folders or spam filters you may have in your email account to see if it was caught in there.

• Jeffery
    Jeffery
    Community Member
    Options

No, only from the robot telling me a human would be in contact.

• Hi @Jeffery,

Eva responded to you 3-4 days ago and we didn't hear back from you. I sent you a PM which email address we sent it to.

We need your Mac diagnostic report to see what's going on, this article will explain how to generate the report on the Mac: https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report

Please email it to the same support address with this in the subject line: [#KGJ-97199-995].

Thanks!

• Jeffery
    Jeffery
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, yes my iCloud e-mail is active and I replied to Eva in the specific manner requested with [brackets] and the correct ticket number. I sent her the report too.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jeffery, it looks like the diagnostics report you sent earlier this week did not get automatically connected to your email discussion with Eva, but we were able to find it and "connect the dots". We also received the email you sent earlier today. Sorry for the inconvenience! You should hear back soon, thanks for your patience! :)

• Jeffery
    Jeffery
    Community Member
    Options
  • Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jeffery, it looks like your latest message here is blank, did you mean to post something?

This discussion has been closed.