Change Sync Metod

hubpf
hubpf
Community Member

I notice I cannot change from local sync to Dropbox sync once I setup the local sync. Can you provide options for us to change sync methods?

Comments

• Our team has been looking into improving this particular use case. At this moment, the only way to change the current sync settings is by reinstalling 1Password and configuring the new sync method. It will definitely be nice if we were able to change the sync settings within the 1Password directly. I'll add your vote for this request. Thank you.

• mxie
    mxie
    Community Member

+1 to being able to switch syncing methods.

I usually use Dropbox for syncing, but one of my friends doesn't and he seemed to have some trouble getting local storage syncing to work on his phone. That is, the app couldn't find the keychain for some reason. For curiosity's sake, I figured I'd try out local storage syncing myself, and I was surprised that there wasn't an option to just switch where I was syncing from. I had to reinstall the app and local storage did work fine, but now I have to reinstall once again to use Dropbox again...not particularly ideal.

• Thank you for your feedback @mxie. We understand the importance of this functionality and I'll pass on your vote to our team.

• dc
    dc
    Community Member

saad,

I tried reinstalling but the 1password still defaults to its old sync settings. Do you mean we need to uninstall, then reinstall as a new user??? That is, new password, etc. Like we're starting over.

• dc
    dc
    Community Member

Alternatively, will deleting my 1password folder before re-installing do the trick?

• saad
    edited January 2015

Hey @dc. You will need to reinstall 1Password and configure sync as a new user to change sync methods. Alternatively, you can upload the 1Password data folder (.agilekeychain) to your Dropbox account using a computer and then configure 1Password on Android to sync to that data folder in Dropbox. Let me know if you would like me to provide you with instructions to accomplish this!

This discussion has been closed.